The Joys of Communal Parking...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telebass

Car
S204 C220CDI 2009
20171024_102903.jpg Really didn't need that...
(Thread redone after site upgrade!)

****ing hell there's no buffing that one out
My thoughts exactly...
And no, no-one has owned up. Looks like a towbar job, and there's not many of those here.

My C55 was hit by a bit of flying truck tyre ( a hand sized bit) on the M25. The damage looked almost identical to the OP's.

My thoughts exactly...
And no, no-one has owned up. Looks like a towbar job, and there's not many of those here.
Have a look at which vehicles have one but I guess if they havnt owned up they arnt gonna admit it either way

Hanging's too good for 'em...

Checked every towball I can find, no evidence. Rats.

Can you confirm what vehicle this is? W203?
Just look for a used front bumper in brilliant silver mate

S211...looking, but some spares searches return everything for E class, usually for facelift ofr even w212. Annoying, but I'll get there.

Meanwhile, 3-inch silver gaffer tape holding it all together and is even quite a good match for the paint!

S211...looking, but some spares searches return everything for E class, usually for facelift ofr even w212. Annoying, but I'll get there.

Meanwhile, 3-inch silver gaffer tape holding it all together and is even quite a good match for the paint!
Good time to do a facelift conversion;)

I used to have communal parking and was so worried about getting the cars damaged that my neighbour and I paid to have our own private road made so that we could park the cars directly outside the house.

a facelift conversion would really update the cars front end.

Lol! I have a silver mk1. Ford Focus with a split front bumper. It’s been rocking the silver duct tape for about eight years!. As you say,it’s a good paint match and a lot cheaper than a new bumper!

Have since discovered the identity of the culprit. An insurance claim on something like this is new to me. Would I risk increased premiums? Does the excess apply? Either would make it uneconomical to claim. The local feds are keen for me to run it through insurance, too.
Hmmm...

Have since discovered the identity of the culprit. An insurance claim on something like this is new to me. Would I risk increased premiums? Does the excess apply? Either would make it uneconomical to claim. The local feds are keen for me to run it through insurance, too.
Hmmm...
Yes your insurance premium will go up for the next few years plus you have the excess to pay. One of the factors in the insurance premium algorithm is "have you been in an incident in the last 5 years, whether you were at fault or not?". Different companies will increase at different rates for this. A low risk insurer like Churchill or Morethan will penalise more heavily for this.

Don't confuse this with having protected no claim bonus. What that means, is that after uplifting your premium for the above item, they will then give the calculated discount of say 60%, if you have no claim protection then the discount is still 60% but now taken from a bigger premium. So the net effect is that it does go up overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom