The joys of internet ordering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
and the aggrevation caused by oiks in vans who deliver stuff.

Well I was pretty hacked off already having contemplated damaged bodywork today but this evening I nearly blew a fuse.

Water softener ordered and delivered today as promised. All good so far.

So I open it up this evening to get at installation instructions. They are of course at the bottom of the box so I have to take unit out. Just as well because in doing so I discover that the salt tub is broken and not just a bit either: completely knackered and it must have taken one hell of a knock to do that because it is thick polypropelyne. :mad:

Well that is bad enough but then I clock that that, yes, box is damaged but damn someones eyes and hope they roast in the hottest corner of Bloody Hell if some git has not tried to conceal this by placing, of all things, another "Fragile" sticker over it. Arrghhhh!

Well after sending a "come and take this away and give me another one/full refund" type email with piccies and overtones of menace I am going to bed now. And hopefully nothing else will go wrong.

Last edited:
No OP said it was oiks in vans.

BTW if you need a good supplier of salt who deliver I can recommend Just Salts Ltd we get ours from them.

Last edited:
Its upside down, watch out you may break it :)

looks like the hole was caused from the inside out.

Were the items secured in the box or were they just bouncing about?

looks like the hole was caused from the inside out.

Were the items secured in the box or were they just bouncing about?

No the contents were secure but something bashed the box from the outside because the damage to the unit corresponds to hole in t'box. When I peeled the label back it pulled the edges of the hole outwards.

Anyway after a stiff email and stiffer phone call this morning supplier is arranging for a replacement to be delivered this afternoon.

Appears I am not alone because they have had a spate of recent complaints all revolving around one part of their delivery chain, a newly contracted carrier whose big selling point is a pledge of delivery to the end customer within a specified one hour time slot, with the result that when things start to slip "they seem to do things in a bit of a rush".

I suppose that roughly translates as pressured delivery drivers flinging stuff into and out of vans with some motorway tailgating and tearing around back roads inbetween.

"In bits you say? Ah well it was delivered on time......"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom