The king is dead, long live the king!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGry Man

Car
Present: C250 CGI AMG Sport Coupe, Previous: C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Sold the C32 AMG Estate and am running around in a new C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe! Silver, 7 speed auto, panoramic, leather, heated.

The daily 8 mile start-stop commute through rat-runs raped me for 11mpg (in winter, 15mpg in summer) so common sense had to take over; now it's 27mpg on same run. Motorway (90mph) 44mpg plus.

The diesel performance is very good, my only criticism being there is quite a cliff-edge when it runs out of steam in the gears, but that's diesels for you. In-gear acceleration is not noticably different to the torque of the C32 at anything other than extreme speeds (which I have to admit were pretty frightening at times!). Sport mode transforms the car and hardly to the detriment of mpg.

I have been to the petrol station once in 2 weeks as opposed to 1.5 times a week! joking aside, the money I save in petrol actually pays for the new car!

After five years and 80k in the C32, I was sad to hear it burble off down the road; awesome car, phenominally fast. Gone to a good home and has already been treated to an underside waxoyl.

The Coupe looks very cool and I haven't had to change my AMG key-ring which was of course the deciding factor.

I only popped into the dealership for a brochure......

Picture 292s.jpg

Picture 293s.jpg

Picture 294s.jpg

Lovely car, well done.

Those twin turbo engines are great.

I recognise that dealership- it's my local MOT station.

I do like the new C-Coupe, looks very classy.

Surprised no one has had that amg sign away. ;)

That's a very nice looking car. Far better looking, IMO, than the saloon.

Great choice, echo your sentiments about the driving characteristics.

LTD said:
That's a very nice looking car. Far better looking, IMO, than the saloon.

I like both cars and the estate too. Guess that's taste for you. The coupe has one major plus and that's the subliminal seating from the E coupe

^ Sublime, surely? :p

Or do you mean that it not apparent that it is fitted with seats - you only get a 'sense' that it has them? :D

Nice looking motor, by the way!

But forgive me if I'm being thick here - but what is AMG about it - it's a CDI is it not?

Last edited:
corned said:
^ Sublime, surely? :p

Or do you mean that it not apparent that it is fitted with seats - you only get a 'sense' that it has them? :D

Subliminal as you feel like you sink right into them nice and cocooned in the car. They are brilliant. Sublime I use to describe food I eat...

Great choice, echo your sentiments about the driving characteristics.

Hey PJS,

I see from your avatar photo, you have not switched on your daytime running lights.

Have you taken guru Clarkson's "council house at Christmas" comment to heart; he was of course talking about Audi drivers....

The toppled 'U' sidelights look so cool, no doubt hence your choixe of photo!

Hey PJS,

I see from your avatar photo, you have not switched on your daytime running lights.

Have you taken guru Clarkson's "council house at Christmas" comment to heart; he was of course talking about Audi drivers....

The toppled 'U' sidelights look so cool, no doubt hence your choixe of photo!

Lol, the drls are always on, think the camera angle/program hides it. And yes, toppled u lights look good.

FAO: AMGry Man, I notice you've added a little signature. How about this one? -

AMGryMan.jpg

If you like it, right click the image and save it to your PC, then add it as you did your last one. :)

AJA,

Many thanks; looks great!

BTW, the car is not the 125 variant so is without Comand, however it has this clever little Beckermap Pilot box (made by Harmon) that fits in a pre-installed cradle in the glove-box.

WOW! it is fully integrated into the both the car's system and binnacle screen displays, voice activated, yes voice activated from button on steering wheel! 20x better than Comand in W203 and I cannot see what more the new Comand can possibly offer over this system. Best is I paid £220 shipped from germany; MB wanted £425 cost (RRP £495).

I plug the USB charging cable from my Sony Walkman MP3 into the car's USB socket in the arm rest and all the tracks are shown on the display too, as well as charging the thing! Brilliant!

My only gripe on the car is there are no door puddle-lights; apparently this is part of the lighting package but I think that's a bit cheap for MB to skimp on a simple safety / convenience feature; bet they are standard in Germany....

Oh yeah; bad time of year to buy a new car; am constantly washing it!

Subliminal as you feel like you sink right into them nice and cocooned in the car. They are brilliant. Sublime I use to describe food I eat...

Oh yeah! not really appreciated the seats fully until you mentioned it; am still tripping on the whole new car thing!

I knew there was something very cosy about the car; it is those amazing seats, you're right they are perfect! the contrasting grey stitching against black leather sets them off well too.

Oh well; bird pooped on car this morning; must be time to wash it again!

I only popped into the dealership for a brochure.....

Hehe...story of my life!

Very nice car. Same spec I would have gone for but with Comand.

Whats this Becker pilot thing? That good?

Nice car, very nice car, the command thing is of interest to me too, can you take a couple of pics? also one of the seats, the seats in the older c class, clk's, SLk's etc were truly horrible which really limited me to an e class or ml or larger so would be keen to know more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom