The lakes and Mr Ian B Walker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
Been up to the Lake district for 4 days and on the way up called at '124 works' for the motor fettling. Ian lent us his beloved 300E 24V and we popped down to Blackpool for a couple of hours and left him to it. 0 -- 60 in 2 seconds, no not the 300E but the Skyscreamer reverse bungee ride on the South Pier, wow. When we got back Ian had sorted her with fresh fluids and filters, including diff oil, new plugs, new pads and he had checked her over while up on ramp and advised us the steering cross shaft needed replacing, [worn ball joints both ends]. So on our return journey we called back and he replaced the part in 20 minutes while we waited. Car is running well and steering feel is much improved. If you want your older merc seeing to by someone who knows about them and who cares about them at very reasonable rates you can't go wrong at Kirkham near Preston. -Recommended-
Thats the old bus at Wastwater
And thats the man himself in his favourite position-laid on his back with his spanner in his hand

Attachments

• Lakes Oct 2008 007.jpg
    Lakes Oct 2008 007.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Lakes Oct 2008 019.jpg
    Lakes Oct 2008 019.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
"Old bus" my foot. A really nice example of Mercedes that was built by an engineer not an accountant. I made them tea in clean cups too. No dirty carpets either. My have I changed :rolleyes: Nice to see you Dave and your lovely Mrs. too.

"Old bus" my foot. A really nice example of Mercedes that was built by an engineer not an accountant. I made them tea in clean cups too. No dirty carpets either. My have I changed :rolleyes: Nice to see you Dave and your lovely Mrs. too.

The accountants fired the engineers and put the cars together themselves.

The accountants fired the engineers and put the cars together themselves.
And that is why I have a 270 CDI on a 52 plate with a hole in the cylinder block ;) waiting for repair

We once camped by Wastwater, lovely bit of the world. Having just got back from a holiday, the prospect of work on Monday is making we want another... Nice to see pics of the car being used.

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom