The Lakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
My lad and his girlfriend have moved up to Kendel in the lake district, they are both running a cafe tea shop in Windermere called sugar and spice. Call in and say hi if you are ever visiting the area, anyway me and the missus are going to call up and stay with them for a few days and was wondering of places to go and visit, I've done most of the usual places, can any one recommended any off the beaten tracks hidden away gems nobody really knows about.

I plan on having a drive down butter tubs pass whilst I'm up that way as well :rolleyes:

Cheers for any spots and places

Ben:thumb:

Awesome, hope it is a success for them. Lovely place.

Scafell is popular but if you are going in summer from seathwaite side there are some wonderful deep becks with pools to dive in.

Sounds like a great place to start a thread for a GTG Benny. Your Son & Girlfriend could put on some drinks n nibbles for a fee. It'll get them some custom and you'll be the host bringing everyone together.

Go for it my man.:thumb:

I trust they stock Kendal mint cake?

Good luck to them, it sounds very quaint.

Sounds great, but we'll have to park on another street or Benny will be sticking carbon fibre and red bits to all our cars. :devil: :thumb:

Haha liking it but I've since had a lot of therapy and think I'm over the worst of it Pal:D

You do realise you've put naughty thoughts in my head now :crazy:

Sounds great, but we'll have to park on another street or Benny will be sticking carbon fibre and red bits to all our cars. :devil: :thumb:

Haha liking it but I've since had a lot of therapy and think I'm over the worst of it Pal:D

You do realise you've put naughty thoughts in my head now :crazy:

Don't be putting a carbon wrap on our wing mirrors. :D

Last time I was in the Lakes I followed the advice of someone on here and went to that "Surprise View" (or whatever it's called).

Nobody mentioned quite how tight that road is; I had to back up to let a camper come past, and dropped a wheel off the edge of the road (and released a fair whack of smoke from the rear tyres trying to get it back on the hard stuff). - No real harm done, but I'm annoyed that I've scraped the inside of the alloy.

I still enjoyed the view and even continued to the NT property right at the end of that road.

For a different experience, how about the chain ferry across the lake? Just south of Bowmess. There are good bacon butties to be had at the car park on the right just before the ferry.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom