The last of the turkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Well that's the last of the turkey finished. I can now finally start eating none turkey based meals again. We've had the usual turkey curry, that lasted for days. Turkey sandwiches galore and I just had the last bowl of turkey soup.
Lets hope, for everyone's sake, that my guffs will now start being less potent:D

Yep, finished ours tonight as well.
Roast Turkey, cold turkey, turkey andwiches, turkey curry and finally a turkey and ham pie. Every day since Monday we have been eating the damn stuff.

Out for a traditional English meal tomorrow night.........................Chicken Madras, Bombay Potatoes and Special fried rice.:D

Last edited:
I really wanted to make a pie this year but totally forgot to do so! o_O
That can be easily sorted: Where shall I post the ingredients? I can pop those frozen block things into a cool bag :)

I cooked roast beef for christmas this year, we had the last of it yesterday in a homemade christmas pizza

Who’s up for a New Years Day Xmas diner???

We have a second Christmas day today (yep, with turkey and all the trimmings) down in Devon with the relatives here (BIL drives a BMW though - the shame.....)

We call it 'Christmas, the second coming' - no sniggering at the back.....:p

Got our local butcher to prepare a boned roll of Turkey stuffed with Goose and Pheasant, the inner stuffing being chopped pork, bacon and Chestnut based based made by Mrs S.

I was sad to see the last of it go.....

you dont have to eat all the turkey at this time of year, it does freeze and chopped finely makes a nice pizza topping later (guess where our left over turkey is)

Got my sister and her family coming over for new years dinner, i am doing lamb. So doing it all again on monday

Same as us. Big joint of beef resting in the fridge already. Not sure my stomach can take many more sprouts!

I thought I would be adventurous this year.
I prepared a goose stuffed with a turkey, that was stuffed with a duck, then stuffed with a chicken then stuffed with pheasant.

I think the whole thing could have been easier had I killed the birds first.

Duck on Christmas Day and then a joint of beef on Boxing Day (my sister and brother-in-law came to visit for a few days). The last few slices of beef went into the freezer and will be heated up in gravy one evening next week.

I thought I would be adventurous this year.
I prepared a goose stuffed with a turkey, that was stuffed with a duck, then stuffed with a chicken then stuffed with pheasant.

I think the whole thing could have been easier had I killed the birds first.

Sounds complicated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom