The Law and Schools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercFanUk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Hi all,

Quick question to those who might know:

As we know, Schools (Primary and upwards) are governed by certain law's and Acts, such as the Education Act etc...

My question is, do Nursery Schools and Creches have to follow these same Acts? I'm mainly thinking along the lines of school reports, parental details etc...

Thanks!

Have a look at Ofsted - they're the inspectors that have nursery schools etc quivering when the inevitable visit comes (my wife works at a pre-school nursery and after school playgroup and has NVQ3 qualification in early years etc).

Hi all,

Quick question to those who might know:

As we know, Schools (Primary and upwards) are governed by certain law's and Acts, such as the Education Act etc...

My question is, do Nursery Schools and Creches have to follow these same Acts? I'm mainly thinking along the lines of school reports, parental details etc...

Thanks!

They are quite carefully controlled. I don't think they have to do reports etc. But if they are not reviewing the child's progress regularly with their parent/carer they would be marked down by OFSTED.

Partner is chair of a local Pre-School committee. If you are concerned about something best thing to do is ask. A formal complaint is logged, and OFSTED would look at the log on any inspection, so it's a big deal for them.

Another organisation that may be able to help Home | Pre?school Learning Alliance

Thanks guy's - my problem at the moment is that I don't know the school's details. The issue is related to me and my ex partner, and our son.

As far as I am aware, a school cannot withhold the details of itself from any parent when there is no cause to do so...

Which means either the school is doing something it shouldn't, or my ex is making things up about me leading the school to believe that I would take him away if I knew where it was. (My thought being the latter is more likely the case).

I've made a formal request for the nursery's details through her solicitor today, but as yet haven't received anything back (And don't expect to for a while).

It's all rather messy, but it would clarify that either her or the school is in the wrong.

As far as I am aware the pre-school would have a list of people who are authorised to take the child away from school. I believe that the one my partner chairs also use 'Passwords' to be given to people who they may not recognise.

I'm guessing that the Primary Carer (usually the mother) would be able to take some one's name off that list. I'm pretty sure that if they had parents in your situation, the Pre-school would be taking advice from the PLA, and following it very carefully.

I suggest you give them a call for some advice, so at least you know where you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom