The List of Chat Acronyms & Text Message Shorthand

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Godot, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Godot

Godot Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Advocatus Diaboli in a Rest Home for the Terminall
    Car:
    A180 CDI Elegance Auto 3 Door Panoramic Sun Roof, Bi Xenons
    The List of Chat Acronyms & Text Message Shorthand

With more than 82 million people texting regularly, it's no wonder you've seen this cryptic looking code!

Commonly used wherever people get online -- including IMing, SMSing, cell phones, Blackberries, PDAs, Web sites, games, newsgroup postings, in chat rooms, on blogs -- these abbreviations are used by people to communicate with each other. The actual definition of an acronym and text shorthand is here.

Am I the only one to use a Mobile Telephone to Telephone ?
    Have had the same account with Orange since 1989, including usage abroad. I can't remember the name of the "account" type, but I know I "loaded up" the account in about 1996 with a £10.00 & I've have £3.87 left. We only use it in the car to let someone know if were running late etc. Quite amusing to see the face of the young assistant in an Orange Shop & pay a bill for 78 pence in copper.:)

The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-) :eek:

2. Mr E

Mr E Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    57 W211 E280 AG
    I prefer the list they came up with on "I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue" last night

3. trapperjohn

trapperjohn MB Club Veteran

Car:
    124 300D 24V Estate
    I like the acronym AFZ - Acronym Free Zone