The Macbook and the Idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Last night I managed to get some cleaning fluid (a tiny amount) into the keyboard on my Macbook 13". I was attempting (yes I Know) to clean the keyboard.

Anyway. I managed to solve this problem by using a hairdryer. This got rid of any moisture but sadly melted some of the keys.

Anybody have a Macbook keyboard (the integral one). I see some on e-bay but would rather try here first.

I think you'll end up going with ebay for this one! Good luck getting the one you need.

Well I managed to source a replacement keyboard and the guy who has it will replace mine for me all for £100. Yes I found it on ebay and the guy is not too far away.

A very helpful chap he is too. He told me how to get the thing to power up with no on/off button by shorting out two pins. It powered up and that proved that the keyboard is dead.

Before you spend any money, visit your local brick and mortar Apple store. They may replace it for you free of charge.

Alx

Thank you. I did try Apple. They were not to sympathetic to my plight. They were talking about replacing the entire "upper case" and talking big money £400+

It is well out of warranty, so I had no issue with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom