The Man in the High Castle (Spoilers).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG94

Car
2020 C300DE AMG Line Premium Night Edition.
Anyone watching this?
My god it's tense!
Best thing I've watched in a while, I re-watched the last few of the first season before diving into the second. At ep7 now, and a few things are beginning to come together, but it definitely gets the grey matter spinning!

I think that although it has never been advertised as having any kind of sci-fi element, it must be. There appears to be some sort of inter-dimension traveling to it with the trade minister able to jump around, and his assistant from Nagasaki with the radiation scars. How can he have these? As in this reality Germany and Japan won the war and no bomb was dropped in Japan. A line from him in season one also alludes to this when he tells the minister he is 'too good for this world....'

Juliana Crane seems to be at the centre of all the realities we have seen so far, and I think she is beginning to suspect things. And the man himself, is not Hitler as we were of to believe at the end of season 1. He's resistance, but when you see his hideout and all the films arranged by year, how could this be unless he (or others) are travelling to alternate times and bringing them back?

I just hope the end lives up to the build up and they explain it, even if they leave the odd strand for any future series. It's a 'slow' burner, but gripping, you can't stop watching.

:)

I have just finished watching series 2 and find myself faced with the same questions as you SG94. Even the better half looked at me and said that there better be a third series as there are so many questions unanswered in relation to the films and the alternate realities.

Amazon.... get your finger out

Series 1, very intense keeping you in suspense, Series 2 started in the same way and got less intense as it went on, becoming a bit ordinary to be honest.

If they do a 3rd series it needs an early twist to bring back the suspense otherwise it will just stay as ordinary.

I have just started series 1 - only a year or more late but there you go. Only 2 episodes so far but gripped already

I like the Amazon way of releasing the full series in one go. This was started by Kevin Spacey with House of Cards and a great format as it means you can watch it in a short space of time.

Does mean a long wait for the next series though.

Watched series 1 last year, just finished binge watching series 2. Superb! Can't wait for series 3

Only disappointment was series 2 was only streamed in HD, not the 4k like series 1. :(

I like the Amazon way of releasing the full series in one go. This was started by Kevin Spacey with House of Cards and a great format as it means you can watch it in a short space of time.

House of Cards is Netflix but I know what you mean :)

They don't do it for all though and it's a right pain when you find you've just started one on weekly release.

Interesting new trend is variable length episodes, as it's on demand they can be as long as they feel and can break a story in more appropriate places. Just finishing The OA on Netflix and that has episodes that vary from 30 minutes to just over an hour.

Regarding High Castle, I thought series one was OK, not the masterpiece many claimed. First episode of series 2 I couldn't get into and nearly didn't bother but it was excellent from there on.

Loved The OA :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom