The MB Owners Club @ Lavenham Rare Breeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
I was at the Lavenham Rare Breeds Show, showing the Merc with the PistonHeads group.
Opposite us was the MBOC, and what an AMAZING line up they had - and that wasn't just the sheer number of them!
There were some lovely machines, including a Pagoda SL, and couple of 190SLs and a W202 C36 AMG.
However cream of the crop, and justly taking front row, were a 280SE Cabriolet, FOUR 300SL Roadsters and a fantastic 300SL Gullwing.
One chap owned the Gullwing and one of the 300SL Roadsters, and I believe owned the 280SE Cabrio as well - now that's some garage!

Anyway, this thread would be useless without some pics, so please feel free to have a gander at my Facebook photos from the day: CLICKY HERE!

Darren

I remember driving up the M11 in my 129, the day before the MBOC National SL day at Woburn about 4 years ago. Around about Bishop Stortford I saw a Gullwing and Roadster ahead of me in convoy. I drove alongside for a thumbs up and pulled in in front of them for a rear mirror view (they were doing about 60mph). Shortly after, they pulled out and gave me a full throttle drive by. Ecstasy!

I spoke to one of the guys at Woburn the next day, and they have regular country blasts in twos, threes and fours. As he said, when driving, the only view you have is of the bonnet, so in group you get the whole experience. What a convoy!

Darren :thumb: Some great pics there!

Lavenham Rare Breed show - That doesnt refer to the residents does it? It being East Anglia are they showing off non related family members?

I know this migh sound funny,but Darren:Your e320 looks nice.

Great pics. Love the Gullwing, you have to give credit to the owner for keeping it well maintained.

Nice Aston btw. :thumb:

Great pics, thanks - the body kitted DB7 is a very sad thing to see, out of interest did you see the owner ?

the body kitted DB7 is a very sad thing to see, out of interest did you see the owner ?

Yes that DB7 was a tad...erm....different!
Unfortunately I didn't see the owner - I was curious to know if was one of those Alfred Dunhill bodykits.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom