The Mercedes National Concours Day , Milton Keynes 25/6/11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ucr

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
I understand the Mercedes-Club are holding a National Concours day at Mercedes-Benz UK head Office , Milton Keynes this Saturday (25/6/2011)

Anyone been ?

Whats it like ?

Whatever it is, it's probably not as good as the Aston Martin event they do in May in Newport Pagnell.

I understand the Mercedes-Club are holding a National Concours day at Mercedes-Benz UK head Office , Milton Keynes this Saturday (25/6/2011)

Anyone been ?

Whats it like ?

I went as a spectator last year......it was an extraordinarily hot day. There were some magnificent cars to be seen and the event is very well organised.
I am going again this year and have entered the SL into the Enthusiast's Class which is for ''daily runners'' and in which class the bonnet is not lifted for inspection on the engine bay. I met Arnold at the Sandringham SL rally last August and have been in communication since......he told me that he enters his R129 each year into the Enthusiast's Class by way of giving him the incentive to give his car a very thorough clean once a year.
I decided that was a good idea and I entered my car......the event was then a couple of months away.....no problem.
there is no doubt that as the day approaches it focuses the mind and hurts the back but my car is undoubtedly benefiting from the most thorough clean it has ever had.
If you do attend come and introduce yourselves......mine is a silver R230 as my signature registration 3M A.
It promises to be a dry day and I expect it to be most enjoyable with a lot of truly immaculate machinery, old and new, on display.

Mic

Thanks for the heads up.

I might drop by on my way back from Brum.

Many thanks

How did you enter your car ?

Many thanks

How did you enter your car ?

The National Concours day on Saturday is to be in the car park at MBUK HQ in Milton Keynes and is an event held by Mercedes-Benz Club for members of the Club. Entry forms were distributed about 2mths. ago with one of the monthly Gazettes, the Club magazine.
It is a well organised club with several first class events/rallies each year but, I guess, because the Forum(s) can only be accessed by paid up Members there is not the strength, depth and diversity of ''debate'' and banter that is found on a free Forum.
There is, however, a wealth of knowledge to be tapped as and when it is needed.

Mic

car looks GREAT! enjoy showing her

regards martin.

:thumb:

Another of Mic cleaning his car in prep for tomorrow:)

it's got a good chance!

Attachments

• DSC_0238[1].jpg
    DSC_0238[1].jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 105
I'd be careful those dogs don't pee up the wheels, could cost you points..

And a bit more time spent mowing instead of cleaning would be good.. ;)

I'd be careful those dogs don't pee up the wheels, could cost you points..

And a bit more time spent mowing instead of cleaning would be good.. ;)

Mic has a lot to mow!! this lot times 4:eek: His dogs are chewing their way through it as fast as they can

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 102
I really wished I had my c32 for this day. My car was kept immaculate and still spent near to 70 hours before it left for a new owner.

I spent a good hour on the Google Earth in Oxfordshire yesterday on the strength of these pictures. Mr. Mic you are truley blessed....!!!

BBQ in The Field then........?? :):)

BBQ in The Field then........?? :):)

I like to think of it as my back garden and a play ground for my two boxer dogs......I do not do BBQ's......prefer to have Mrs.B cook indoors and carry properly prepared food to the great outdoors. I know I am probably in a minority on this. I even got rid of my permanent brick built BBQ.
However, I will be celebrating what was a lot of very hard work.

Thanks again.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom