The Miserable Old Git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Some time ago I was going on about the notorious MOG in a really beaten up Red Nova with faded paint who curses our local roads. OK he is old and maybe it is his only source of mobility in a nearly public transport free area, but there are limits.

In this case the limit is a really evil tempered wholly selfish swine who leaves behind a trail of general chaos and damage to cars, walls, rubbish bins etc. Only reason there are no serious incidents is because he drives very slowly. Could be down to very poor vision but I doubt that: he is just hopeless and does not care. Anyone local who sees this mobile disaster area just gets out the way ASAP. Endless complaints to local Police.

Had not seen nor heard of him for a while and MOG had faded from memory. Until this morning, when Mrs S was giving me a lift to the station.

T junction where small local road meets a B road going through village. Along B road is a small parade of village shops. MOG has abandoned his car about two feet out from the kerb on the very corner of the T: he thus has the rear o/s of his car opposite a large Brake Bros refrigerated delivery van that is unloading on the B road and the front o/s opposite a car parked near the junction on the local road. This is despite the fact that local road is one way at that point.

He has completely blocked both roads to all but motorcycles & bikes. Where is MOG? Nowhere to be seen.

We are coming up local road and there is a small van at front of queue. Driver gets out and tells us he is going to find the *&^%$£" !"£$ who left his !"£$%^& car the !"£$%^& road. Fair enough. We wait. And wait. All the while traffic has backed up. We cannot turn around because local road is one way. Delivery van cannot move out the way because traffic is now backed up in all directions on the B Road and has blocked his exit route.

Van driver returns, seething fit to burst trailing behind him (very slowly) MOG.

Sure as fate, MOG tries to drive the wrong way down the one way road, misses parked car by inches but drives into front of van, all in slow motion. All this has taken nearly 10 minutes.

MOG is now shouting at van driver to get out of the way. Van driver is simply beyond words. Only upside is that traffic on B road now can move.

Against all my instincts I have to get out and try to get MOG to reverse before van driver starts trying to get details etc etc. Van driver asks me to be witness. Fine, OK , here is my business card, just get MOG out the way so we can all go. Things clam down.

MOG reverses back onto B road. And scrapes parked car along drivers door. Enter stage left female upset about parked car being damaged. She has a real go.

MOG is shouting back incoherently. Van driver offers to call Police. MOG is becoming very agitated. MOG threatens all sorts of unwise things.

On getting closer to his wreck I notice that MOG has a way out of date Road Tax disc: April 2005. And along with numerous dings & scrapes to body and bumpers a badly broken headlight that has clearly been like that for some time, cracked/broken light clusters, one windscreen wiper, rust scabs/ perforations all over the place, two near bald tyres, one with a big tear on the sidewall and rear exhaust box no longer has a tailpipe. Could that car possibly have a still valid MoT? No way.

Police then arrive responding to earlier calls about blocked road. MOG, as if by magic, turns into frail, weak, confused OAP being harrased by road rage van driver and evil she devil. Oh no. not having that crap from him so stick my oar in and offer comments on the state of his car, lack of Road Tax etc, the recent events and MOG's past history. Husband of upset female has turned up so by this time it is all turning into a circus.

MOG suddenly forgets his Mr Pathetic act, loses the plot, swears at everybody and joy of joys, kicks van driver!

At which point my ever so bad morning turned just sooo wonderful that it still keeps making me laugh. MOG was promptly arrested :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

No doubt there will be some caution and trivial fines mitigated for age, stupidity etc because nobody can really be bothered but that car is bound for the crusher. And with any luck he is off the road for good.

Hurrah!

That's one less MOG and one less sorry-looking Nova on the streets! :D

:D

That turned what was slowly becoming a 'lost the will to live' type of afternoon into one of the best reads I've had for ages!

Portzy.

Wicked !! A quality story .....

Initially i though you were talking about Glojo ...... when you mentioned miserable old git !!

Just kidding John ..... ;)

People like that idiot need to be taken off the road... I doubt that the Police will do anything to stop him from re-offending again!!!

Best thing to do would be "immobilise" his vehicle for him one dark night or "dispose" of it for him..!!!;) This would be doing everyone a favour! :)

It is obvious that he would not be able to "afford" getting it back on the road or buy a replacement!!

there is a current prosecution of an MOG who lives in one of the villages near us - this time he's not the driver but a pedestrian.

For years this MOG has carried a brick in a bag whenever he walks around and particularly when he's on his way back from the pub late at night.

Country roads, no footpaths, old drunk bloke wearing a dark coat with a brick in his shoulder bag - no problems really are there? except he refuses to accept that cars use the road and if they happen to get too close to him as he ambles along the road he either swings it around to hit the car or throws the bag containing the brick at the car as it passes.

Most of the locals know to look out for him but every now and again he hits someones car who's not from the area and they quite reasonably get upset with him.

A few months back someone did just that - a young guy who'd had his pride and joy dented and a window smashed by the brick.

By this time the old guy had picked up the bag (still containg the brick) and when the row started he hit the car driver round the head with it and knocked him out. When the police arrived at the scene, the car owner was still unconcious but the old guy had headed off home with his brick in a bag and refused to open the door to anyone. It's a small community so rather than make a huge fuss and break his front door down they arrested him next morning when he went out to the local shops.... but not without a fight - you guessed he'd still got the brick in his shopping bag and he landed one on the Policeman :)

Apparently he is too ill to go to court at the moment :)

Andy

Some of these old men think that they are right "Heroes"... :rolleyes:

Went into a pub two weeks ago and you gussed it there was an "old man" smoking in a non smoking area and blowing smoke directly into my face. I politely pointed out to him that it was a non smoking area. The "old man" then tried to play a "hero" and smacked me with a bottle before I get him into a head lock...:rolleyes:

PS. Watch out for these "old men"... They think they they are "super men" especially after they have had a couple to drink...:rolleyes:

I think it's quite sad really. These old souls seem to have lost their way with this world and don't like the place it is now, so deal with it in the only way they know how which is as though it was still way back when.

I'm not making excuses for them - quite the opposite, I just think it's sad.

I see so many oldies still driving when they clearly shouldn't be, but they just don't see it and they don't see that the roads are so different now to when they were young 'uns. So many of them don't see any respect and expect it just come their way because they are senior citizens.

Hope I don't end up like that.

This is very true....

I had some old geezer get off his boat and get right in my face arguing about something with me .... i'm short but he was shorter and about 5 stone lighter ....

Told him i was probably a bit more than he could handle and to get back on his boat before something terrible happened ( i was in no mood :mad: ) . He did this, perhaps he could see the look in my eye ...:devil:

I then went back to the office and filled out a 'threatening behaviour' report and he was contacted and threatened with his river licence being revoked if he gave any of the the lock keepers any more gyp.

I always like to give him a sarky smile and a wave when i see him now .... he never returns it, how odd ..... :rolleyes:

Flash said:
...and smacked me with a bottle before I get him into a head lock

Are you a magnet for violence or something Flash? :)
You seem to have more violent experiences on a daily basis than I have had in a lifetime! :)

very funny thread. thanks for the stories :)

unfortunatly this sort of thing happens all the time. Especially on Saturdays and Sundays when the old-git-weekend drivers get into their Maestro's and cause havok on the roads.

I too think its sad, but these older drivers who obviosuly are very dangerous should be stopped from driving. I dont believe that just because they are senior citizens that they should get off lightly for having bald tyres/no road tax/no mot etc - if anything they should know better with all their years experience!!

big x said:
Euthanasia is the only answer :devil:

adam

Just a thought but by the time you're old enough to be classed as a MOG euthanasia may be compulsory.

Of course I will have been spread over a crematorium garden well ahead of you. :D

Rose Chap said:
Are you a magnet for violence or something Flash? :)
You seem to have more violent experiences on a daily basis than I have had in a lifetime! :)

I just always happen to be at the wong places at the wrong time...:( BUT learning to box as a hobby from when I was a teen has certainly paid off...:)

pammy said:
I think it's quite sad really. These old souls seem to have lost their way with this world and don't like the place it is now, so.............

.................they drive around in Mercedes:D :D

End up:D some of us are already there:D :D

What's a MOG?

Mindless Old Git ? I think they are great. In 30/40 maybe even 50 years I hope to be one. A real pain in the ass. Walk round ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers at 3 in the afternoon, swearing at younger people and letching at young ( well young to me) women. Drinking wildly in front of my one bar electric fire and falling asleep next to my rabid dog smelling of urine........., that's me, not the dog. Come to think of it..........maybe am a MOG already:D :D :D Great thread though, love the scene it set up in my mind. Thanks

Geoff2 said:
.................they drive around in Mercedes:D :D

End up:D some of us are already there:D :D

timmy said:
A real pain in the ass. Walk round ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers at 3 in the afternoon, swearing at younger people and letching at young ( well young to me) women. Drinking wildly in front of my one bar electric fire and falling asleep next to my rabid dog smelling of urine........., that's me, not the dog. Come to think of it..........maybe am a MOG already

Gulp, this sounds a lot like me :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom