The motorbike that won't fall over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow!

I can't see myself or any proper motorcycle enthusiast driving that.

that is pretty amazing

@brigadier

It looks pretty neat plus
It can reverse
And you don't need to dress like a mutant ninja power ranger.

what is it that you find offputting?

Wont the tilting gyroscopes that stop it falling over also be used to allow it to learn and go around corners?

the steering is probably linked to the centrifuges, presumably counter-spun, allowing them to twist forward and back whilst leaning.

Centrifugal forces are a natural part of bike stability. The axis is perpendicular to the direction of travel (as are the wheels) so I don't see that it should be much of a problem.

(will got there first)

Wont the tilting gyroscopes that stop it falling over also be used to allow it to learn and go around corners?

There may be a function that allows it to be turned off when moving to allow this, but then that would defeat the whole objective?:dk:

Given that cornering on a bike is about lean angle and counter steering, I can't see this wanting to go anywhere much than in a straight line:crazy:

Ah yes, counter steering. Digressing ever so slightly, that's something few riders understand, let alone use, yet it's a seriously responsive way of manoeuvering a bike.
A surprising number persist in thinking that steering is accomplished by leaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom