The new Bonnet & Boot Lid Creases - Who likes it?

Is the crease a good design trait or bad one?

• Good, i love it.. cant go to sleep with out touching um!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Bad, looks like the crease running down the front of my denims

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
who likes the new crease that goes down the middle of the ca...?

i think they look ****!

Don`t know what you mean!?

on the new models, there is a crease line that runs down the bonnet and the boot lid.. gives the car a pointed edge..

ie the new front number plates have to bend round the bumper opposed to sit flat due to it.. still confused?

Me too. What are you saying. Is it a heritage crease. Or does it mean the same as say " you crease me up " ( as usual )?

Oh that crease. Semantics.

He means this:

2010-MB-E-Class.jpg

Looks modern, its call progress ;)

The Boss, MB wouldnt still be in buisness if they were still making W124s! they have moved on :D :)

Last edited:
The crease reminds me of the old two sided bonnets on old car. So most definitely a " heritage " feature.

Looks modern, its call progress ;)

The Boss, MB wouldnt still be in buisness if they were still making W124s! they have moved on :D :)

thanks, true, moving on is important, however, when you come out with a design concept that will look like **** the moment a neighbours bouncy ball accidentally hits your bonnet, as an example, will simply make the crease look like crap, and just cause more stress and worry...

its not a clever design by any means, even if it is "moving on"

imho.. only

Like most new cars when they come out I'm not sure and then they start to grow on you.

With the right spec and right wheels I think they look nice.

You have to move on some time

I think the bonnet crease is the least of the car's problems.

i do question if mercedes ever take their cars to a public workshop for feedback.. im sure they do, and in light of social and political trends, they get people from all walks of life, but surely, they must have one person with 20:20 vision to assess the asthetics....

But even if a couple of individuals did have 20:20 vision their voices would have been lost as they did not have the "helicopter overview of pushing the boundries forward with the blue sky thinking of world class design" "Looks crap mate" does not have the correct overtones. The vista of the new lines is surely lost on people like me! Long live the 124.

It's so butt-ugly that even the current TV advert for it doesn't actually show the car :rolleyes:

edit...
youtube

Last edited:
I voted that i like the newer bonnets but "Love and cant stop touching" would be a little O.T.T :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom