The new Ebay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
Just found a new aution site. Ebid
This is "free to join, free to sell and free to enjoy".
Not much on there at the moment in the way of mercedes auctions, but as it's a new site and is free to advertise, I think it will take off in a big way.

Ebid has been around for a long long time - last time I looked at it (a couple of years ago LOL) it had a terrible user interface and few listings and categories. Now it seems to look a lot like ebay, so maybe it will be more popular, unless Ebay's lawyers jump on them!!

The problem is that what a lot of people don't realise is that non-ebay auction sites tend to get a lot less interest, and as a result, fewer bids, and lower closing price.

Result, Ebay may have its fees, but you more than get them back, especially the £9.99 "featured category" option.

I sold my Merc for £14,500 - starting at £1 with no reserve, I wouldn't have done that on any other auction site than Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424261030&category=9855&rd=1

I just had a browse around - its clearly crap. Just look at the "cars" section, full of spam and those that geniunely are cars seem to have no bids at all. Its all a bit of a joke.

On ebay- the fact that it costs £6 to list in the "cars" section means that there is no junk whatsoever! That is surely better for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom