The New Normal.

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you feel the public are confused with regards to face coverings? I am exempt and have never worn one. Not once. No confusion here.

Hypothetical situation. As you choose not to wear a mask or visor (visor is a choice for those who claim to be exempt) you inadvertently pick up the virus (remote chance I know but do not tell me it is impossible). You then inadvertently pass it to me, but I am in fairly good health so whilst unpleasant it does not kill me. I then inadvertently pass it to my elderly mother (who is within my support bubble) and then dies, not of Covd-19 (the jury is out on that one) but the fact that it has weakened her immune system so much that her emphysema (which up to then has been controlled) kills her. See the issue here?

For goodness sake man, take a long hard look at yourself - whilst you do not agree with most things that do not fit your agenda, do you not have an ounce of consideration for the effect you MAY have on others? I hate the masks - personally I have to use a CPAP mask every night so having my mouth covered during the day too is horrible. I do so to potentially protect others and I also have the option of a visor if needed

I have been on this forum for quite a long time and have NEVER posted in this fashion before. In the main it's "live and let live", but really?

Hypothetical situation. As you choose not to wear a mask or visor (visor is a choice for those who claim to be exempt) you inadvertently pick up the virus (remote chance I know but do not tell me it is impossible). You then inadvertently pass it to me, but I am in fairly good health so whilst unpleasant it does not kill me. I then inadvertently pass it to my elderly mother (who is within my support bubble) and then dies, not of Covd-19 (the jury is out on that one) but the fact that it has weakened her immune system so much that her emphysema (which up to then has been controlled) kills her. See the issue here?

For goodness sake man, take a long hard look at yourself - whilst you do not agree with most things that do not fit your agenda, do you not have an ounce of consideration for the effect you MAY have on others? I hate the masks - personally I have to use a CPAP mask every night so having my mouth covered during the day too is horrible. I do so to potentially protect others and I also have the option of a visor if needed

I have been on this forum for quite a long time and have NEVER posted in this fashion before. In the main it's "live and let live", but really?
You have not one inkling what i do for a living, how i conduct my life. So keep your opinions to yourself.

You have not one inkling what i do for a living, how i conduct my life. So keep your opinions to yourself.
You have the sheer gall to say that when you hoist your own opinion on this forum at every given opportunity?

The fact that you had no response to my comments speaks volumes.

My wifes mother died last week , not Covid , she had been housebound for five months with the only regular (daily) visitor being my wife , dealing (arguing) with non mask wearing customers daily absolutely terrified her regarding passing the virus to her already sick mother , she was fastidious about cleanliness up to the point of it being an obsession and it was starting to effect her mental health.

So for those who think not wearing a mask doesn`t matter , i can assure it does because you have no way of knowing how your selfishness can have a mental impact on those you interact with on a daily basis.

K

There's more than one issue here... people who don't meet the government's exemption criteria and yet decide not to wear a mask, do so for different reasons.

Some people believe that the virus is not real, or that it is not contagious, or that it is not deadly (plenty of randomers on YouTube repeating this nonsense), and therefore they do not consider themselves to be inconsiderate or putting anyone at risk, and they see those who challenge them as 'ignorant' fools.

Other people believe that the whole mask business is an attempt by secret organisation(s) to subdue and subjugate us all, and see themselves as freedom-figthers who are protecting our liberties by disobeying the draconian totalitarian rules. So they believe that they are in fact doing the rest of us a favour, but we just don't know it yet.

And yes, some are just selfish barstewards that don't give a toss about anyone else.

You have the sheer gall to say that when you hoist your own opinion on this forum at every given opportunity?

The fact that you had no response to my comments speaks volumes.
Should i ask your permission to speak?

The fact i do not and never have worn a mask is because i am exempt. Why is that a problem for you?

...remember getting the phone call at the start of the pandemic asking if I required help with shopping etc. I refused, stating that I can get by and the help would be of better use for others. ..

I received a similar call, and replied in a similar way.

The fact i do not and never have worn a mask is because i am exempt. Why is that a problem for you?

Is you agree that everyone should be wearing a mask when they enter a shop, apart for those people who meet the government's exemption criteria, then we're all on the same page. That's the law, BTW.

Official papers from whom may i ask? GP's will not see people face to face in England. Telephone consultations only. Local walk in centre - closed down. Local A&E - no thanks.

All because you doubt the legitimacy of someone making the decision to not wear a mask which is the current position in law re: face coverings. You look after yourself pal, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Here in France you have to get a signed authority from a doctor in order not to have to wear a mask.

Should I ask your permission to ask a question and voice my opinion!

You could maybe chose wear a visor or choose to not to go anywhere there are people? I'd also point out that you have repeatedly said you "choose" not to wear a mask with the occasional reference to "exempt" and even then you give information that explains how people can simply choose not to cover?

Here in France you have to get a signed authority from a doctor in order not to have to wear a mask.

I actually called my GP here and they said there is no letter/document they can/have to give. I then showed them the card I downloaded and she said 'where did you get that from? Yes that is perfect - use it'. I was gobsmacked that they hadn't even been aware of it and I told them where to find it online so they can point other patients in the right direction. Madness!

Should I ask your permission to ask a question and voice my opinion!

You could maybe chose wear a visor or choose to not to go anywhere there are people? I'd also point out that you have repeatedly said you "choose" not to wear a mask with the occasional reference to "exempt" and even then you give information that explains how people can simply choose not to cover?
You don't understand i have never worn a mask or a visor throughout this health crisis. What is your problem with that when i am exempt?

If you feel face coverings should be worn by all people (despite health conditions or other exemptions) all the times then i suggest you contact your MP. You then may get the explanation you are searching for.

Last edited:
I actually called my GP here and they said there is no letter/document they can/have to give. I then showed them the card I downloaded and she said 'where did you get that from? Yes that is perfect - use it'. I was gobsmacked that they hadn't even been aware of it and I told them where to find it online so they can point other patients in the right direction. Madness!
Yep all on this web page..

Official papers from whom may i ask? GP's will not see people face to face in England. Telephone consultations only. Local walk in centre - closed down. Local A&E - no thanks.
That’s fine. Very very few people with a legitimate health reason requiring exemption from wearing a face covering will require completely fresh diagnosis of a severe new health issue.

The vast majority will have serious and longstanding health issues which the Doctor will already know about - or which an administrator could easily find out from patient records.

You don't understand i have never worn a mask or a visor throughout this health crisis. What is your problem with that when i am exempt?

If you feel face coverings should be worn by all people (despite health conditions or other exemptions) all the times then i suggest you contact your MP. You then may get the explanation you are searching for.
Not at all. But I do feel that anybody who says they are unable to wear a mask or visor for medical reasons should avoid any form of contact with others for the sake of the health of both parties. Do you agree with that at least?

Not at all. But I do feel that anybody who says they are unable to wear a mask or visor for medical reasons should avoid any form of contact with others for the sake of the health of both parties. Do you agree with that at least?
I am afraid not. Many people exempted from wearing face coverings are suffering from a disability. What you suggest would mean these people would be put at considerable disadvatage by being segregated as you suggest. Like i said contact your MP via and they will explain the Equality Act 2010 to you in more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom