The New PPI trend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Listening to Absolute Radio today and I couldn't believe my ears at an advert, I thought it was a wind up but..............

https://www.sickholiday.com

The World has gone crazy. :doh:

If I was sick after drinking 8 pints of larger and not eating any food, am I entitled to make a claim?

If I was sick after drinking 8 pints of larger and not eating any food, am I entitled to make a claim?

I assume it's food poisoning claims with back up from Dr's records but FFS. :rolleyes:

If you have booked a package holiday then you are covered by the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. These regulations allow you to pursue your tour operator for compensation relating to any illness or injury caused as a result of their negligence.

In other words, they have found a loophole in the law and are now exploiting it to the full.

if your case is successful the solicitor may take up to 25% of the compensation awarded

Which really means that they don't give a toss whether you were ill or not, just that they can make a shed load of money while encouraging all and sundry to try to make a claim.

Yes, people are already doing this. Along with claiming that they only ate in one hotel for the WHOLE trip, the whole family were ill, for the whole holiday and it has basically ruined their lives forever. :wallbash:

I work for an airline and our legal team is already overrun with this. (hence the anger!) It is a joke and there are no guidelines so everything is paid out.

I have every sympathy for genuine claims, but companies like the web page above are just money grabbers. They will end up putting up the cost of holidays for everyone as holiday companies will have to recover costs. Trust me - ALL holiday companies are fighting this together. It's rare they work together on anything!!

No but you should pass on the name of the hotel because they obviously dont water down the beer!

Tony.

Looks like I dodged a bullet by not going on that package holiday that we had booked for last month then.
Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the holiday insurance company to pay out for such claims rather than the operator?

Not that people ever get sick by going on holiday. One example of many ----- http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/204...k-after-norovirus-sweeps-passengers-and-crew/

There's some fundamental misunderstandings about holiday "tummy problems" Often its simply down to a mismatch of holiday makers gut bacteria with the locals gut bacteria. Over years the locals have developed a "peace agreement" with their local gut flora and developed an immunity. A traveller from afar on the other hand then becomes a "target of opportunity" with predicable results. :( That's before we go into the delights of sharing the recycled air of several hundreds of other individuals enclosed in jet airliner for several hours .:eek:
Perhaps all holiday brochures should come with a government health warning----
"Foreign travel can seriously damage your health" ;)

I get sick just thinking about air travel. Can I claim?

Not that people ever get sick by going on holiday. One example of many ----- Fred Olsen Cruise Ship Under Quarantine in Norfolk After Norovirus Sweeps Passengers and Crew

There's some fundamental misunderstandings about holiday "tummy problems" Often its simply down to a mismatch of holiday makers gut bacteria with the locals gut bacteria. Over years the locals have developed a "peace agreement" with their local gut flora and developed an immunity. A traveller from afar on the other hand then becomes a "target of opportunity" with predicable results. :( That's before we go into the delights of sharing the recycled air of several hundreds of other individuals enclosed in jet airliner for several hours .:eek:
Perhaps all holiday brochures should come with a government health warning----
"Foreign travel can seriously damage your health" ;)

Can we assume you're a 'UK Holiday only' kinda guy Graeme? :eek:

sickholiday.com:bannana::bannana::bannana:

LOL what next...its been advertised on our local radio for months, I did laugh out loud when I first heard it....I assume another rip off fees claims line like PPI companies. I remember I did my own PPI claim, really easy and cost me nothing...

sickholiday.com:bannana::bannana::bannana:

LOL what next...its been advertised on our local radio for months, I did laugh out loud when I first heard it....I assume another rip off fees claims line like PPI companies. I remember I did my own PPI claim, really easy and cost me nothing...

To be honest this goes beyond the PPI claims.... it's more in the realm of 'crash for cash'.

With PPI misselling, in spite of the 'ambulance-chasing' solicitors, you were either entitled to compensation, or you were not, but you could not fake it.

But sickhliday.com is almost inviting people to make it up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom