The new Top Gear series.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, the current team are less cynical than with Clarkson et al...

This series has been the best in a while. Last night's (until the final feature - OK, some will have enjoyed it) was spot on, the McRae piece excellent.
Flintoff is the revelation. He's a bit wooden on the straight-to-camera pieces but out and about he brings a lot of human qualities. Harris playing it less like the stooge is an improvement. I'd say this series has found its feet as an entertainment show that features cars.

Generally a much better series. Last nights was a bit hit and miss, Colin McRae piece was very nostalgic, the rest of the show not up to the standard of the rest of the series.

Next series will be back on BBC1 from what I have heard.

Must admit to having given up on it.
Chris Harris is fine
Freddie Flintoff is all right, in small doses, but Paddy McGinty is less humerous than his goat.
I just can't get on with him . . . . Sorry

Last nights episode was excellent. I have to admit its actually watchable now and although totally scripted, contained a few LOL moments.

Good stuff!

Its ok, clarkson and crew were def better though

I’m really enjoying it too. I’m so glad Harris has been allowed to be more himself, rather than playing the part of a buffoon (badly).

I don’t think the car is any worse for having a sportsman and comedian presenting it, maybe it’s even better for it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Flintoff and he’s a really genuine guy. He spent five or ten minutes singing songs with kids...

...he enjoyed it as much as the kids did! Geri Horner (nee Halliwell) was in the back of the car and was not amused in the slightest!

Not seen the recent one but the show has improved as they find a dynamic which works for the audience.

I would say they are pretty much there now and it's entertaining but I will always prefer the original line-up trio.

Flintoff got my respect when he did that bungy jump in the car, I wonder what the Health and Safety assessment looked like

Since the original three quit i have to say i have watched any with Chris evens or Matt Leblanc choosing rather to watch the old specials on netflix.

These three seem ok though the entertainment is there anyway while i wait for the second part of the Grand Tour.

The only thing i would change is probably Paddy in the line up he just gets way to over excited! He like that mate we've all had that gallops around the pub spilling his beer when your team scores in a friendly Sunday match.

I gave up on it a long time ago, haven't bothered since

Really enjoyed this one.

Helps if I like the guest which I did this time.

Hopefully they've set the bar and can maintain it now although I guess one has to accept some articles which are of no interest.

The Colin McRae tribute was good. I cannot believe 25 years has gone by that quickly.

The key for me is to watch it on iPlayer or some kind of device that allows me to fast forward past the bits with the guests or the 'comedy car parts' - to the bits with Chris Harris, or at least the bits that are actually about cars.

Overall it's good, better than the Grand Tour, not as good as the 'classic' Top Gears, but then even Clarkson etc can't seem to recreate that 'magic'.

There have been some superb moments in this past series, I can’t remember me and the kids laughing as much at something as we did when the back axle came off the Trans Am.

I think the current three gel really well and have made Clarkson er al look a bit pathetic and precious really.

The key for me is to watch it on iPlayer or some kind of device that allows me to fast forward past the bits with the guests or the 'comedy car parts' - to the bits with Chris Harris, or at least the bits that are actually about cars.

I watch it on catch-up too for that reason.

I'm hoping they have a way to gain an insight into which bits people are skipping so they can improve the show!

...... not as good as the 'classic' Top Gears, but then even Clarkson etc can't seem to recreate that 'magic'.

I've watched a few 'classic' TG episodes on Dave lately and I must say that I could not work with Hammond. Totally irritating and so far up his own backside I'm surprised he hasn't flipped inside out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom