The nightmare of charging in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have to feel sorry for the van driver and all the people trapped in the car park--- if only the EV van MANUFACTURER had the foresight to fit some sort of display to warn the driver he was running out of battery power and shouldn't attempt to proceed any further without running the risk of sudden imobilisation ?? :rolleyes:

I am sure that is battery condition display, but the driver probably just kept going?

I am sure that is battery condition display, but the driver probably just kept going?
3 POSSIBILITIES---Battery conditon display faulty--driver failed to notice warning ----driver under pressure to keep going by employer despite warning-----the technology is normally OK --its only when you drive beyond its limits that problems occur - as many a driver of an ICE vehicle on the motorway hard shoulder waiting for a recovery vehicle having run out of fuel can testify ;)

I am guessing the driver was given a route set by his employer and was focused on that and having a full charge from the off. Wrongly expecting the planner to have calculated the route to give enough range. Hence no need to check the charge level as the route was all planned out.....

After all, if he didn't complete his deliveries he probably wouldn't get paid, hence complete focus on getting the job done.

But what ever the reason, the result was a broken down van and no amazon deliveries....

I expect to see more of this going forwards to.

Hi , just in a few years time and we are good people and have purchased a battery car to clear up the global atmosphere.

That's great but remember that electricity can travel in both directions.The national grid struggles to supply electricity and what happens when the country is short of power , the grid can and will drain your car battery leaving you up shit street without a paddle.

I understand that our planet requires saving but if buses would turn of the engines / trains like wise it's a start but only a start / use electric trains on long journeys / aircraft to be used on intercontinental flights.

With cheap electricity it's only time before grid lock occurs !

Blair was talking today about a pay per mile charge and what about the revenue will not have , increase
personal taxation , banning long distance travel in cars , thus generating a Russian type state.

Will this happen , unlikely but in desperate times desperate actions are required.

and we are good people and have purchased a battery car to clear up the global atmosphere.
Well that's what people think they're doing. They make their local environment have cleaner air for sure. But they rape the planet in other ways and other countries that people don't seem concerned about. Remember, it takes over 50k miles for an EV car to break even with ICE cars respect to CO2 emissions, on average. So no smugness until at least that point. And even then there's some major mining issues to address.

Tony Blair? Are you kidding me? The same man who told everyone to buy diesel cars? The man is a f$!king clown and should not be given the time of day. 🤡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom