The 'Offical' Mercedes-Benz club UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Is anyone on here a member of the 'Offical' UK Mercedes-Benz members club?

I see the advert in each months ME magazine, £30 a year + £5 joining fee.

Is it worth it? or am I better off on here :D

I'm a member. Certainly worth the subscription, if only for the monthly magazine (quite good) and free subscrioption to Mercedes-Benz's own 'Classic' magazine (excellent). I've been to various meets, a good crowd and well organised events.

They have a forum but it's hampered by being members only so not as good as this one!

How busy would you say the forum is? Under 1k members?

There's more than one MB owners' club. Anyone know enough to summarise what each is or does etc and which websites they link to?

There's more than one MB owners' club. Anyone know enough to summarise what each is or does etc and which websites they link to?

The 'Offical One im talking about is HERE

How busy would you say the forum is? Under 1k members?

It has over 2,000 forum members and is OK. It's just hampered by being only open to club members and the fact that it logs you out after a period of inactivity.

I operate a forum for the AMOC which has both open sections, advising on purchase of an Aston Martin, and members only sections, for both general chat and in depth technical questions and that seems to work better IMO.

Last edited:
Is anyone on here a member of the 'Offical' UK Mercedes-Benz members club?

I see the advert in each months ME magazine, £30 a year + £5 joining fee.

Is it worth it? or am I better off on here :D

Ive been a member for the last 18 years or so. It is the only club recognized by Mercedes Benz.The gazette is a very good magazine with very good technical articles.

The club seemed to concentrate more on the older classic models but I now I see the newer models creeping in.

Ive only been to one of their event and that was the one at MB world last year. I should have gone to more as they do organise some excellent trips including ones to Mercedes Benz .

There was a truly fantastic collection of cars down there displayed by the owners over two days.

We also got to drive our own cars around the track for a few laps.

With being a member of the club you get 10 - 15% discount on Parts and also labour from most dealers. Just in the discount alone, you get your membership money back.

Agree, the forum is not soo good due to the fact that you have to be a paid up member.

However, the technical assistance especially on older models is second to none.

Worth joining if you want the discounts or run the older models !

Last edited:
With being a member of the club you get 10 - 15% discount on Parts and also labour from most dealers. Just in the discount alone, you get your membership money back.
That's handy if you don't have a 'helpful' local dealer ... I already get 10% off parts plus 40% off labour though!

But joining the MBOC is certainly something I plan to get around to one day.

There is the "other one " the MERCEDES BENZ OWNERS ASSOCIATION http://www.mercedesclub.org.uk/ which is affiliated to the "other forum" http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/ that most people know about. I don't know about its origins -whether it was a splinter group from the original official MERCEDES BENZ CLUB or not? The "other one" publishes a monthly glossy magazine, and I always got the impression( perhaps wrongly) that it was the rational for the clubs existence rather than vice versa. The original MERCEDES BENZ CLUB is definitely best for the vintage models like the pontons and fintails

Last edited:
There is the "other one " the MERCEDES BENZ OWNERS CLUB

Rumour has it, its called the Mercedes Benz Owners Association.:D

You wouldn't want to go into the achives of this very forum and see where it all began. Its far too boring and dull etc.

Probably all lies as well:D

Don't press this:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rumour has it, its called the Mercedes Benz Owners Association.:D

You wouldn't want to go into the achives of this very forum and see where it all began. Its far too boring and dull etc.

Probably all lies as well:D

Suitably chasened I have amended my previous post, and I used to be a member too.:eek: ;)

The MB Owners Club is WELL worth joining.. the magazine is well worth it by itself.. the articles are very well written and is usually a good afternoons reading..

The forum is getting a lot better.. I also dont like the format, it has some bugs such as not remembering when you last logged in.. but in terms of how busy.. its getting more traffic..

The topics are good and the technical discussions are always good, particularly on the older models.

Bear (Pete) also posts a lot of "spotted on ebay" threads and I find those very very useful...

Quite a few of us are MBOC members. It's worth every penny. The events organised are outstanding - if you've only ever been to forum GTGs then you should really join and see what is going on on your doorstep.

ahh yes forgot to mention the events... Not many of the members are actually online, so its a helluva surprise when you turn up to them... last year at MB World i was expecting to see a handful of W123's and a few stands...
My god was I wrong.. there cant have been many pre 1990 MB's left in the rest of the country that day..

I've been a member for many years and have to say that its a good club...good events, excellent club magazine, nice people.......

Well I've been in the official club 8 years now and can confirm what others have already said about how good a club it is.The club magazine is second to none being written by member for members, as opposed to a faceless journalist who has only seen a car on the day the photoshoot was done.
The club organisers many events overseas rallys,pub meets,stands at national and local shows,model days such as the 123 day as Neil mentioned, the SL day and of course our club concours event.In March we had our yearly technical day at Milton Keynes always a popular event with members.Between Now and the end of september the club has over 50 events for members to participate in,this excludes regular monthly pub meets.
The club has a very active presence in Ireland with regular monthly meets in Cork,Dublin and Galway as well attending shows.After the initial payment to join my membership fees actually went down to £27 per year paying by direct debit.Unlike some have portrayed us in the past were not a stuffy old boys car club,but a club for owners and enthusiasts of the marque.To display a vehicle on the club stand at a show the car doesn't need to be of concours standards,hell I even display my g wagen and some here have seen that up close;)
So in conclusion if your going to pay to join a club I'd recommend the official one http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/

Makes interesting reading, and reminiscent of current events too: "there is surely some sort of dictstorship and censorship going on within the mboa forum".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom