The Official Gucci & Burger DB5 1:8 model thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must admit when I saw this on the tv I really fancied building it, but then the thought of it ending early, and the overall cost put me off..

I really fancy building a ship for some reason, something like hms victory... Or the death star. :)

Never turned my hand to it before, but reckon it would keep me out of trouble through the day.

How about an update, its been months since we have heard about the build.

Well, I am still collecting all the pieces but as yet haven't undone a single packet or assembled any of it. I keep thinking I will, but then also keep thinking it will be more fun when I have all the pieces.

So how many more weeks editions are there to collect ?

Finally at issue 52 I decided it was time to start building it...

P1020368.JPG

Hm... Where to start? OK, yes, Issue 1 of course, but wow the instructions really aren't clear. Attach this piece to this piece, which you won't have until issue 24 with one of 24 different screw types, oh, which you won't get until issue 37... etc. etc.

Anyway, by the end of the day I was about half way through the pile and had an engine, a couple of wheels, quarter of an interior, a dashboard with working everything it seems, oh, and an engine bay..

P1020377.JPG

P1020379.JPG

Onto the doors and roof next I think...

Glue? Thank fully none needed for this kit otherwise you would see just how bad someone can be at building models. :)

Mind you, I wasn't joking about the 24 different screw types, and I defy anyone to be able to see the difference between a black round head 3mm x 2.3mm and a black round head 3mm x 2mm... I think they could have simplified it greatly especially where such screws will never be seen. It's also really confusing if working just from the info in the magazines. Fortunately their web site has much better information that makes it much easier to tell what issue certain parts are in and how they all go together.

Here's a couple more pics from yesterdays efforts... There's currently about 10 electrical wire pairs... all going nowhere so far but they're for illumination, ignition key, brake and accelerator pedals, speaker, radar screen etc. so far.

P1020382.JPG

P1020390.JPG

The horn button, ignition switch and lighting switch all work. The dash board and radar screen are illuminated etc. Oh, and the little button under the flip top on the gear lever actually ejects the passenger :)

Great stuff!

Found myself laying in bed last night, wondering how this was coming along....sad I know:doh:

View attachment 27651

View attachment 27652

The horn button, ignition switch and lighting switch all work. The dash board and radar screen are illuminated etc. Oh, and the little button under the flip top on the gear lever actually ejects the passenger :)

Found myself laying in bed last night, wondering how this was coming along....sad I know:doh:

Ha ha! I'll progress has been halted until the passenger seat is found! Reading this thread is a bit like building the kit - can't decide whether to read it all in one go, or in instalments! I have to say though, the detail looks fantastic.

Ha ha! I'll progress has been halted until the passenger seat is found! Reading this thread is a bit like building the kit - can't decide whether to read it all in one go, or in instalments! I have to say though, the detail looks fantastic.
Did you ever find that passenger seat? C'mon, we need an update :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom