The old girl keeps going

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Auspicious day for the W211

Hopefully you can see she is 300K up.

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_191106.jpg
    IMG_20170718_191106.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 106
Good work. At current usage rates, the SLK will be there in another 90 years or so..

Cheers,

Plug

That's very good, I have a strange sense of satisfaction when running a car to high miles, like I'm sticking two fingers up to the modern car industry, keep it going!

I have been waiting for this number to come up. Fortunately I was at Gravelly Hill on the A38 in Brum rather than a mile further on the A38(M)!

Of course hubris caught up with me 2 miles down the road in the underpass tunnels in town; the gearbox slipped into neutral :eek: as it changed down as I came to a stop. Manually popped it out of D, into N and then back and all good again :thumb: but clearly I need to dip check the gearbox level.

Good to see the old lass going from strength to strength pal!

And look at that fuel economy, Mercedes would be over the moon with that in their new diesels!

Excellent.

I'll get there in mine when I'm 104. I'll be accepting cards when I get to 100, though.

Love seeing things like this. As said it's a total two fingers up to the modern car industry and replacing cars with 40k on them!

What engine is in this one? I have on E320 (W211) with 115k on it and it doesn't feel even remotely tired!!

As said it's a total two fingers up to the modern car industry and replacing cars with 40k on them!
On the contrary, I'd say that it's a testament to the modern car industry and the fact that car design has reached a point where pretty much any vehicle should be able to do a few hundred thousand miles without major incident.

As for the modern car sales industry, that's another question... :D

What engine is in this one? I have on E320 (W211) with 115k on it and it doesn't feel even remotely tired!!

It's the 270 which I use as a daily. In the 14 months I've had it I have done 26k so it's earning its keep.

We also have a 320 I6 which is lovely and smooth on 126k and that still feels taut as a drum.

Given I am tight I'm not inclined to move on to anything else:eek:

Excellent.

I'll get there in mine when I'm 104. I'll be accepting cards when I get to 100, though.

I am hoping you will sell it to me before you reach 300k Angus

I have recently passed the 150k mark on your old e500. Engine definitely feels good for the same again!

Gearbox update - added 100ml of fluid without dip checking and everything does feel smoother. When is get round to it :rolleyes: I will get it dip checked too so am keeping the extra fluid in the boot for that moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom