The old loose W202 indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thephatmaster

Car
W202, C200 Saloon, Manual
My w202 has both front indicator units (Bosch) seemingly held in by the trim piece below them.

I can see that no matter how far they are pushed back, the sprung clip on the unit does not go around the black plastic lip it looks like it's supposed to clip behind.

Is this how they are intended to operate - the clip being a friction fit alongside the black plastic bit - or are they supposed to clip behind the lip?

Just thought I'd ask before I start Dremeling the lip smaller so they click in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks man, but the video is too dark to see what's going on at the clip.

Thanks man, I think I need to reformulate my question.

Do the clips clip behind the black plastic lip on the car? Because neither of mine reach back far enough

Any chance you could take a picture, with the flash on, to explain better what you mean, all communication is visual, it's a while since I was at that part of the car, but, as in vidio it should all click into place when the clip catches a latch welded to the wing.

Dec

Here you go:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/55JjT3nmmwpmE2g38
55JjT3nmmwpmE2g38

The indicator unit is in its farthest back position. Hopefully you can see the clip doesn't quite reach behind the plastic lip.

Last edited:
I see what you mean alright, there are two hooks that fit into two slots when you first reinsert the fitting, that part is being done correctly I presume.

Anything to do with the angle the fitting is being pushed in I wonder. Looks odd alright. Could the plastic clip have become too rigded with age, maby some hot water poured on it to soften it up a bit?

Dec

Yeah, everything else is being located properly as far as I can see - will see what I can re-jig / Dremel to get it to clip in

You could attach a strong spring for now, to stop it shooting forward and out when you brake, a better explaination may emerge as to what is wrong, might be something simple.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom