The perfect disabled driver's car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WOODYTHEWISE said:
For anyone interested I was a member of NABD for a few years when a full time wheelchair user. I had a trike with a carrier on the back for my wheelchair. Talk about getting stares....There are members who ride motorcycles solo. A chap rides a Fireblade, he has one arm and one leg. The bike is equipped with a solenoid that changes gear. When stopping, two arms like landing gear lowers onto the road. He leaves one leg (above the knee ) fixed to the bike as well as the lower part of one arm. If he falls off, he causes quite a panic when he..the leg...and lower arm become parted. National Association for Bikers with a Disability. for all you bikers out there.... look out for their rallies, they are well worth attending. If you thought you could no longer ride....think again. Give them a Google. Ride Safe...Ride Free.

A T6? (Bikers break) para?

The NABD help all sorts to get mobile, not only advice but with grants funded via donations and money made at rallies. There are trikes that have something akin to a side car, you enter with your chair, transfer, and off you go. As to what level of injuries they can help with I cant help you, I was just a member who they helped to get my trike built. At earlier rallies I have seen a chap on a FWD beach buggy type of thing that he controls with a blow tube, and a toggle switch. Only for use off road I hasten to add. All this is now 9 years out of date. Shame on me for letting my membership lapse. I will remedy that this weekend.
Like most motorbike clubs, its run by bikers for bikers. In the past few years it has grown and grown. Give them a bell, you have nothing to loose. All the staff are unpaid fellow bikers.

I see those things in the most expensive cars around London, they are available if you are willing to pay your private doctor for one.

My wife is t6 complete paraplegic

We find it odd that many blue badge holders require the spaces next to supermarkets etc, yet spend an hour walking around it.......

I see those things in the most expensive cars around London, they are available if you are willing to pay your private doctor for one.

The Blue badge scheme is administered by the relevant local authority and has nothing to do with doctors, private or otherwise.

My wife is t6 complete paraplegic

We find it odd that many blue badge holders require the spaces next to supermarkets etc, yet spend an hour walking around it.......

I find it more odd that in many supermarkets the "family" parking bays are closer to the store than the disabled bays.

We get our shopping home delivered, Mrs Red is an absolute liability in a supermarket.

Red C220 said:
The Blue badge scheme is administered by the relevant local authority and has nothing to do with doctors, private or otherwise.

This has only just recently changed. New testing has started and you have to fulfil defined criteria now. If you can't you don't get a blue badge. It used to be Dr's and GP's who seemed to hand them out in a bizarre way which has lead to there being to many blue badges out there and the system not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom