The perfect holiday wagon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
An E63 loaded for a few days in Devon. Is there a better AMG for the task?uploadfromtaptalk1468321734244.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There's lots of empty space in that E63. I could get all that in an SLK55 :D

(OK, I may have to flatten the cage a bit :dk:)

No proper AMG would be big enough for us ... nearest would be one of these ...

02-Mercedes-Benz-Vehicles-V-Class-AMG-Line-680x379.jpg

An E63 loaded for a few days in Devon. Is there a better AMG for the task?View attachment 58757

Wish mine would look that empty when ive loaded on Friday.

Off to southern Spain with FULL load plus large roof box and two bike on the roof.

Still cant believe I've got to take the bikes off the roof and put then on the rear just for the ferry crossing.... folks at the port will think im a skin flint :(

still you've got the most important guy loaded in the back I see, hate going anywhere without my best pal, she really is my shadow

Wish mine would look that empty when ive loaded on Friday.

Off to southern Spain with FULL load plus large roof box and two bike on the roof.

Still cant believe I've got to take the bikes off the roof and put then on the rear just for the ferry crossing.... folks at the port will think im a skin flint :(
If I was off to Spain it would be like yours. I am in Devon for 2 days with no kids . Enjoy Spain [emoji106]

still you've got the most important guy loaded in the back I see, hate going anywhere without my best pal, she really is my shadow
We don't go anywhere without Barkley too

An E63 loaded for a few days in Devon. Is there a better AMG for the task?View attachment 58757

No - there's nothing finer.

We've been on the east coast for 10 days - four up plus dog.

There are bigger vehicles. but they are like vans (underpowered) or 4x4's (too sloppy on the bends).

The combination of ride, handling, c600bhp and practicality means E63 Wagon every time :thumb:.

The best car ....... In the world.

Took the e55 to Dorset for a week. Performed faultlessly although according to the trip we managed 10.5 hours driving, 430 miles and 20.8mpg.
Realistically we wouldn't have got anywhere any more slowly in an e350 as most of it was knocking about and in narrow lanes and small towns.
I imagine I'd get more mpg too!

Chaps, just driven back from Devon; what a crap journey that was on a Friday in July!!

Anyway, the car was perfect for the task although some Devon lanes are no wider than my car with wing mirrors out and I had to utilise that old driving skill called 'reversing' on more than one occasion :eek:

As the car is new to me and it was my first longish trip, I found that I had a few gearbox anomalies which may be an issue unless you can advise it is common.

Both issues happened when I had slowed to near stop and quickly applied the gas. Once I had terrible judder as though the car was in completely the wrong gear. If you imagine being in a manual car and changing into 5th instead of 1st and the engine judders, that is what it was like.

The second issue I had a few times where I was slowing down and then applied the gas again only to feel as though no gear was selected and the gearbox was frantically trying to engage one, which it eventually did.

On all occasions I was in comfort mode but even then, should I expect this behaviour?

Car is 10 months old and done 9000 miles.

In terms of MPG on the return trip, I averaged 26.8 which seemed reasonable to me especially as it was a very stop/start on the M5 north toward the M4 interchange.

Attachments

• IMG_20160715_172330.jpg
    IMG_20160715_172330.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom