The Photos You Have All Been Waiting For!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice big manly snout.

Is there much space in the rear seating are for legs.

I know you probabbly spent ages on the outside...but I'm loving the inside! Something about it looks weapons grade!

What are the switches down on the LHS of the drivers seat?

I would guess they are the memory switches or heating/cooling........

Awesome looking car!!!

Very nice. What did you use for cleaners, I am not familiar with this stage? Also any tips for the glass, what products and cloths?
One week on Thurs approx until I get my E Con from M-B Beaconsfield, I speced multi-contour seats in my SE as my CLK had them and they are superb. I just wish the seats would go a little lower and I am only 5ft 7. I am looking forward to the engine most - the 350CDI is a bit of a beast. i also had the piano black trim as my CLK had black ash wood and it looked nice. I just wish the top of the dash and some of the other trim was a bit better quality as it is a bit obvious where they were cutting costs. However, looking at yours there is plenty to admire.

The switches at the side of the seats are to adjust the air adjustable multi-contour seats. Front lifts the very front part of the seat towards back of the knee. Middle 2 push in the bottom and middle of your back (lumber). Last one pushes the sides of the seats in for perfect grip, even for a lightweight (62kg) like me. The seats also have normal electric up/down/back/forwards etc. Once had one of air ballons develop a puncture on my CLK and it was replaced under warranty. When you move the switches back you hear the air come hissing out - novel. They are great, but remeber to let the side ones out if anyone large gets in, otherwise it would not be comfortable, same with lumbers.

When i clicked on this thread , i was expecting Britney with a bucket of jelly. :D

OK, I'm going to eat my words. Not a fan of the 'New' E series and it's rear end/arch design. But on the Convertible it works :eek:. That is an amazing looking Motorcar, great choice. Enjoy.

Very nice. What did you use for cleaners, I am not familiar with this stage? Also any tips for the glass, what products and cloths?

Hiya,

I used the following products:

Shampoo: Johnson's Baby Bath
Wheel Cleaner: Bilberry diluted 4:1
Tyre Shine: Megs Endurance
Clay: Megs quick clay kit
Cleaners: Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite
Glaze: PoorBoys White Diamond
Wax: AutoGlym HD Wax
Metal Cleaner: Autosol
Microfibres: Costco yellow MF cloths
Wheel Brush: E-Z Detail Brush and E-Z Detail mini
Glass: AutoGlym Car Glass Polish
Leather: Gliptone Liquid Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

I used a Megs G220 with a finishing pad for the lime prime as there wasnt any real need to attack the paint. I then used a final finish pad to apply the white diamond.

I am really pleased with the outcome, getting a reflection out of silver is difficult and I think I managed to pull it off well!

Cheers
Amz

Hiya,

I used the following products:

Shampoo: Johnson's Baby Bath
Wheel Cleaner: Bilberry diluted 4:1
Tyre Shine: Megs Endurance
Clay: Megs quick clay kit
Cleaners: Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite
Glaze: PoorBoys White Diamond
Wax: AutoGlym HD Wax
Metal Cleaner: Autosol
Microfibres: Costco yellow MF cloths
Wheel Brush: E-Z Detail Brush and E-Z Detail mini
Glass: AutoGlym Car Glass Polish
Leather: Gliptone Liquid Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

I used a Megs G220 with a finishing pad for the lime prime as there wasnt any real need to attack the paint. I then used a final finish pad to apply the white diamond.

I am really pleased with the outcome, getting a reflection out of silver is difficult and I think I managed to pull it off well!

Cheers
Amz

Dare I ask how long that all took?

Dare I ask how long that all took?

As there was no correction involved, it took around 8 hours to do inside and out. if there was some correction, possibly 8 hours just on the paint cleaning/polishing alone?

I asked MB Beaconsfield not to clean the car (not that they listened) as I wanted to give the paintwork a good start with the protection myself. I will be adding a layer of wax once a week until the end of the summer now so it is completely protected in the winter...

I also need to tackle under the arches and engine bay but will leave that for a while...

I asked MB Beaconsfield not to clean the car (not that they listened)

They didn't put it through their on-site car wash, did they? I always forget to tell them not to do that with mine! :doh:

Did much come off on the clay? Is it worth claying new paint?

looks fantastic.
and your hard work on the cleaning really paid off - it looks brand new !!
:p

Did much come off on the clay? Is it worth claying new paint?

Funny you should ask, yes there was a lot of contamination around the bumpers, and the bonnet. I thought to myself it wouldnt be worth it, but having thought of the fact it comes all the way from Germany on a transporter, surely its going to pick up some dirt...

The dealer thought it was hilarious I was going over the whole car with a paint guage to ensure it hadnt been repaired after possible damage caused pre-delivery. You can never be so sure these days. I did it twice, once when i left the deposit and again on collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom