The Planet is saved!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
"Families in Richmond are being asked to swap their 4x4s for a more environmentally friendly mode of transport:"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ow-bike-solution-school-run-traffic-jams.html

Being a 4x4 driving Surrey Lady, I suggested to Mrs S. that she should embrace this wonderful idea that is bound to work and will obviously result in all those X5's, ML's and Range Rovers simply vanishing overnight as the yummy mummies of Surrey flocked to these transports of delight.

The temperature in the room dropped.

Yeah, I can just see my wife doing that in her suit on the way to work... Do they have an optional clip-on window basket?

Hardly environmentally friendly if you have an accident pedalling one of these machines. Looks bl**dy dangerous to me.
Where are these machines supposed to be used?
On the road or pavement?
Bearing in mind it is illegal to use a bike on a pavement where any wheel is over 16" diameter. Those rear wheels look bigger than that. Which forces them onto the roads.
What parent would ride that on our roads with their children up front?
I would rather walk or use the bus.

Yet another damn stupid government idea.

I'd be all for suggesting this to my Missus but I live kinda far away from any emergency medical treatment.

£1150

Its just a bog standard HEAVY steel bike with a woden box on the front.

I have attached a quick release seat on my Klein Mountain bike for the little un, at least thats an alloy frame, light, quick release wheels, desent brakes and gears etc...

I thought this was about the same price at least its a whole car (well sort off :)

cheapcar.jpg

Methinks the person selling them for £1150 has some good friends on the council.:rolleyes:

Can't see it catching on, yummy mummies only exercise in exclusive air conditioned gyms and wouldn't dream of actually undertaking a bit of cardio-vascular in the dirty outdoors ;)

Ade

Like the reviewer that speaks of mp's using them first - as an example....
Well DC uses his bike - although his papers travel by car :)

Tell you what , I live in Richmond Upon Thames , when i see one of these actually out and about being used , i'll post up ....

Expect a long absence .... ;)

My solution, buy that ML. It really won't change the planet but I have a better solution. Get the kids to cycle too, they may even be able to get themselves to school

Tell you what , I live in Richmond Upon Thames , when i see one of these actually out and about being used , i'll post up ....

Expect a long absence .... ;)
Have you seen many of these and are they exempt from congestion or Lock charges? :devil: :)

13.jpg

Well, that's a relief, I suppose.

So, what's next, then?

:bannana:

Have you seen many of these and are they exempt from congestion or Lock charges? :devil: :)

13.jpg

I have seen one of those actually John , some nutter pedalloed the length of the Thames in one a couple of years back , i have some photos somewhere , i shall try and find them ....

He had a complimentary unpowered craft licence as it was for Char-ri-dee ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom