The Police state us here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastcar155

MB Enthusiast
Car
A fast car
Hi , well it looks as if black boxes will be fitted to all cars for road pricing.

However , UK government is short of money so how long will it be before they sell other information to Insurance companies , car companies or an person with any interest.

Not long I bet.

How do you think electric vehicles should be taxed then? Or more precisely, how do you think hydrocarbon fuel duty should be replaced?

How do you think electric vehicles should be taxed then? Or more precisely, how do you think hydrocarbon fuel duty should be replaced?
That is something the Government won't make any comment on as they strive to get more EV's on the road. Once the percentage of owners is higher they will reveal their approach and I doubt the EV's will be any cheaper to run than ICE's as the tax income on petrol and diesel is so high it cannot easily be replaced so EV's will have to pay somehow or other.

How do you think electric vehicles should be taxed then?

As I said earlier in the thread, I just wish they would do something immediately instead of dreaming of the black box solution for another 10 years. Bearing in mind there is no fuel tax on EV's and no prospect of achieving a fuel tax any time soon, they should apply a road fund tax on all EV's at a similar rate to IC's. That will be letting EV's off lightly but it's better than nothing even on a temporary basis.

There's already a thread on this topic. The same thread Boyband was made aware of yesterday.

Hi , my thread was about big brother.

I always check
There's already a thread on this topic. The same thread Boyband was made aware of yesterday.

My thread was based upon big brother watching the population..

I always check before I start a new topic but if I missed it I apologize.

My thread was based upon big brother watching the population..

I always check before I start a new topic but if I missed it I apologize.
Any phone or PC user has been "watched" for years. CCTV follows you wherever you go. Get used to it.
Black Boxes are no different.

cant they tax cars on their value from new? like the company car schemes, instead of this emissions nonsense?

Cheap car = cheaper tax, expensive car = expensive tax. Its how the rest of the tax system seems to be done. Simples..??

This is part of the reason I bought an EV this year.. may as well enjoy the free ride until it lasts 😂

I reckon ‘road pricing’ (which by the way I think is a stupid idea) is still at least 3 years away from becoming a reality.

An easier way would just be to have EV home chargers be required to connect to a different meter and therefore be charged a different rate.. 🤷‍♂️ or some other way of distinguishing it.

Those who charge from a 3 pin socket wouldn’t be affected but considering that adds 2kWh and hour you can really use it if you drive everyday so would affect a tiny proportion

Never thought I would ever say this, with Woke, re-writing history, Ev's etc, etc, I'm glad I am old. God knows what state the world will be in 10-15 years time, never mind 50 years

More conspiracies......for the wokies. I agree with you @chic0821. The millienals are now of an age where they are moving into senior government, politics and heading up big companies, school heads etc..... I pity the younger generation but they will be used to the snowflake wokes.

Imagine the world when the woke bunch get into power. We will not be allowed to say boo to a goose (oops are we allowed to say that or is that somehow insulting to a goose??).

I cannot imagine this generation (millennials & their kids) coping with something like WW1 or WW2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , well it looks as if black boxes will be fitted to all cars for road pricing.

However , UK government is short of money so how long will it be before they sell other information to Insurance companies , car companies or an person with any interest.

Not long I bet.
No different to every social media site, Amazon & other on-line shopping sites, your nectar, airmiles and other loyalty cards, credit cards (been doing it for years)? What is the issue? What do you think Waze, Google maps etc do with your data?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any phone or PC user has been "watched" for years. CCTV follows you wherever you go. Get used to it.
Black Boxes are no different.
This is not the case everywhere. Germany for example has very strict privacy laws.

Those who charge from a 3 pin socket wouldn’t be affected but considering that adds 2kWh and hour you can really use it if you drive everyday so would affect a tiny proportion
Do you mean that the consumption (charging) is 2kW / hour on your car from a 13A outlet?

Do you mean that the consumption (charging) is 2kW / hour on your car from a 13A outlet?
Yeah it’s pretty much useless unless you do minimal driving, adds about 6 miles/hr, so only really used by people who do minimal miles and hence would pay peanuts anyway with road pricing

The separate meter makes the most sense Imo

I remember paying £120 a year for whatever vehicle so why can we go back to this days. (Adjusted for inflation of course).

Far too sensible.

Not long I bet.

If it's a concern fir you.... take the bus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom