The Porsche I should have bought ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still hate you. In fact I have been thinking of reasons why I shouldn't. I haven't come up with any yet.

a few pics of a recent Goodwood outing:

20130821_162913_zps4b83ec1b.jpg

20130821_161115jpg_zps8ada5d48.jpg

Goodwood21stAug174_zpsb16fdfc5.jpg

Love it Sean.

Paint the 3.8 detailing on the spoiler!

I am trying my best to sit on the C63 for another 12 months but I cant see it happening. Not now the new gt3 is a PDK.

6 months until i'd need to get an order in....

Love it Sean.

I am trying my best to sit on the C63 for another 12 months but I cant see it happening. Not now the new gt3 is a PDK.

you should get your deposit in soon ..

apparently not many slots left

Looks great Sean, very jealous. Had a 4s but have always aspired to have one of these.

Justin

I know where there is a 924 Carrera GT dumped and getting very dirty. Owner might be up for an offer.

Im told these are as rare as hens teeth these days!

Get in touch via email if anyone is interested.

Love it Sean.

You will need to put 10k down and you 'might' get a car.

Looks good, I really respect the GT3 and if you do track days it has to be an epic car, for me personally though I would favour a Turbo.

I would never want to own a Turbo.

C2S for me, GT3 is lovely, but I like my comfort too. I'm getting old! :(

I would never want to own a Turbo.

C2S for me, GT3 is lovely, but I like my comfort too. I'm getting old! :(

Out of interest what don't you like about the Turbo?.

While a GT3 or GT2 I'm sure is more involving and great fun on a track they do lack comfort a bit compared to a normal model, I see the Turbo as a good compromise between being able to hold its own on a track and being a comfortable long distance/every day car.

Because to me a Porsche is the sort of car where you want to work it, coming in and out of corners and making sure you have the revs matched properly, the turbo pulls like a train in every gear, you can be in 4th coming out of a 40mph bend and it is no problem, do that in the NA Porsches and you have fluffed up.

I was the same with the 335i, mine was tuned and would do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, but it was dull, it felt like a big diesel, never had to think about it, I was then lent a 330i for a few days and that made me realise it was having to work the gearbox and car that made it fun, so I sold it and bought another M3.

For me that is the sort of appeal about the Turbo though, although I understand completely where you're coming from as I love having to work a bike.
If you want driver involvement you should at least once try a TVR, fantastic fun to drive!!, just let down by how badly they were built.

Friend of mine finally worked his way up to a remapped 996 Turbo. It's back up for sale after just 2 months because it's too easy to do stupid speeds, and he fears for his licence.

7.2 GT3 ride is not harsh, it's firm.

Yes, there is more road noise than a Mercedes, but the bucket seats are supremely comfortable.

It also has more torque than you think .. admittedly it helps to be in the right gear, but that's part of the fun of driving it; you have to be "fully engaged" :)

7.2 GT3 ride is not harsh, it's firm.

Yes, there is more road noise than a Mercedes, but the bucket seats are supremely comfortable.

It also has more torque than you think .. admittedly it helps to be in the right gear, but that's part of the fun of driving it; you have to be "fully engaged" :)

Out of interest have you driven a 7.2 Turbo to compare it to?, I would really like to know how they shape up against each other from someone who has driven both.

Out of interest have you driven a 7.2 Turbo to compare it to?, I would really like to know how they shape up against each other from someone who has driven both.

never driven a 911 turbo of any sort, never considered it.

reason is for turbo like thrust, I have my CLS55.

for my sports car, I wanted the GT3 screaming, howling and super responsive engine.

drove 1 and had to have 1 .. only took 1.5 years !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom