The Porsche I should have bought ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you're enjoying the car, I bet it's great fun :D, if and when I ever went for a 911 it would be the Turbo for me.

some interior pics taken yesterday, sun out, blue skies and above 7C in early February!!

DSC_7199_zpscf8f80c2.jpg

DSC_7193_zpsf0a83fe1.jpg

DSC_7188_zps69944853.jpg

Home from a week long hoon around the Alps in France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy.

The GT3 was mind bendingly awesome on sweeping corners up the mountain passes. I could feel the rears digging in as I unwound the steering lock while pushing the throttle firmly downwards .. all to feel the car being sling shot out of the corners.

As for the noise from 6000 to 8400rpm in tunnels, rock faces and trees .. you have to hear it to believe how amazing it is. Past 7000, it changes from a glorious howl to an indescrible metallic noise. I absolutely loved it.

After a night at a hotel at the top of Stelvio in July 14!
photo4_zps8ac9e237.jpg

Reims
photo1_zps0f847bad.jpg

On a mountain pass somewhere high up
photo1_zps8f509160.jpg

photo3_zps066b62ac.jpg

photo2_zps93058a80.jpg

A lunch stop
photo3_zpsa03cd40c.jpg

A digital record
photo2_zps1ecfcf3b.jpg

Great car, great trip, great photos! I assume you have winter tyres?

Fantastic Sean.

Top top stuff.

Would have enjoyed a PDK on the trip, a la 991 gt3, or still happy the 997 is manual?

PDK not for me. Manual is more involving, and forces you to plan more, think ahead, and also makes going fast more interesting.

Folks trying to follow me up the mountain passes commented on how flat my GT3 was compared to their lurching M135i ..

They loved the sound it made when I screamed past them too :)

We were a group of 18 cars, many of the drivers lusted after the GT3. I let a number of them sit in it :)

You must of noticed an increase in price on your gt3 due to the 991 issues? A few guys I go to franchorchamps with have appreciated by about £25,000 since roughly 18 months ago. Albeit they are gt3 rs's but still should be a similar principle. PDK and electronic steering has turned a lot of buyers off the new 991.
Absolutely love your gt3, White is always the nicest colour in them.

You must of noticed an increase in price on your gt3 due to the 991 issues? A few guys I go to franchorchamps with have appreciated by about £25,000 since roughly 18 months ago. Albeit they are gt3 rs's but still should be a similar principle. PDK and electronic steering has turned a lot of buyers off the new 991.
Absolutely love your gt3, White is always the nicest colour in them.

bog standard GT3s have not appreciated much .. but am happy it's hardly depreciated

Well get the car painted a proper colour then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom