The power of youtube!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roy M

Car
CLS
Posted on Pistonheads but may be of interest here:

I have had an issue with the passenger window of my Mercedes CLS bought as an approved used car from Sytner Mercedes Newcastle when it was about 18months old. Since purchase the window has been catching the seal when the door was opened. It went to my local dealer (Sytner Mercedes Carlisle) three times for them to repair it without success. I then took it to the dealer I bought it from twice with a similar lack of success. I complained to Mercedes UK who told me the dealers said there was no issue. As a last resort I went to the CEO office of Mercedes UK who told me that, as the dealer said there was no issue there was nothing they could do. This was over an 18 month period.

Enter Youtube! – I took a couple of videos on my phone, downloaded some free software to edit them and added some text and then posted online https://youtu.be/O1q8xTWvJJU Terrible video but it did show that Mercedes UK were being misled by their dealers.

Result? – Mercedes have agreed to arrange fix of my window FOC at a dealer of my choice at a time of my choice. After tearing my hair out for 18 months this is a great result for me!

Roy

Posted on Pistonheads but may be of interest here:

I have had an issue with the passenger window of my Mercedes CLS bought as an approved used car from Sytner Mercedes Newcastle when it was about 18months old. Since purchase the window has been catching the seal when the door was opened. It went to my local dealer (Sytner Mercedes Carlisle) three times for them to repair it without success. I then took it to the dealer I bought it from twice with a similar lack of success. I complained to Mercedes UK who told me the dealers said there was no issue. As a last resort I went to the CEO office of Mercedes UK who told me that, as the dealer said there was no issue there was nothing they could do. This was over an 18 month period.

Enter Youtube! – I took a couple of videos on my phone, downloaded some free software to edit them and added some text and then posted online https://youtu.be/O1q8xTWvJJU Terrible video but it did show that Mercedes UK were being misled by their dealers.

Result? – Mercedes have agreed to arrange fix of my window FOC at a dealer of my choice at a time of my choice. After tearing my hair out for 18 months this is a great result for me!

Roy

Nice one. Some of us GLC/C Class 4Matic owners are having our own battle with MB over Clunking/Juddering on full-lock at low speeds and there are a number of YouTube items showing this. Hopefully MB will start to take some notice of us sooooooon:thumb:

Guy a in my village turned up with a new GLC just after they were launched - saw it for about a week and it disappeared. A couple of months later he had a beautiful Macan.

Turns out (as told to me) the main computer in his GLC had given up so no instruments etc. He just took it to the supplying dealer (one of the above) and simply gave them it back - outright rejection. They didn't have a leg to stand on. It'll be out there in the used market now.

Sounds like he had a lucky escape!

That video is so unclear , there is no perspective .

The second clip appears to be upside down in relation to the first , and I have no idea which part of the window I am looking at , or how it relates to the door , nor is it in any way clear what is supposedly 'catching' .

The video should have shown a wide angle shot of each entire door , then the close up of the problem area . As it is it is unclear what we are looking at .

They (all big companies) HATE to be outed on social media.

That video is so unclear , there is no perspective .

The second clip appears to be upside down in relation to the first , and I have no idea which part of the window I am looking at , or how it relates to the door , nor is it in any way clear what is supposedly 'catching' .

The video should have shown a wide angle shot of each entire door , then the close up of the problem area . As it is it is unclear what we are looking at .

It matters not; it did the job.

I'm the old days only very well off people could talk to the country, usually by writing an open letter to a national newspaper. Now anyone with internet access can do it for free to the world, if they bother to find it.

One of my sons often tweets companies when a product or service doesn't come up to scratch for him and often gets them responding with remedies.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom