The Purple A class.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Meet the new addition to Toad Hall !

Just spent the day minting her up , going to swap the rear lights for some late model ones , put on an AMG backbox , and some front and rear mudflaps.

It's surprisingly fast . Angela chose it , purple is her favourite colour. ;)

Nava Violett Mica , A190 Avantgarde manual , slate grey leather.

PurpleA1.jpg

PurpleA2.jpg

PurpleA3.jpg

PurpleA4.jpg

PurpleA5.jpg

PurpleA6.jpg

Now with stainless bling sills ..... :cool:

blingsills.jpg

Dinky little ones for the rear doors :D

blingsills2.jpg

Since the last installment , i have had the ECU repaired courtesy of ECUtesting. com , and it has transformed the car. A classes have a history of ECU / MAF failure and a new one is around £1500 from MB ( it is coded to the car so ones from breakers don't work ) . No more overfuelling , sluggishness .... it was fast before , but is like a little rocketship now.

Fitted a new brake light switch ( part number A001 545 8709 if anyone is interested ) as we had a BAS / ESP light come up , seems to have cured it.

While i was doing this i took the opportunity to fit the facelift rear lights courtesy of everyones favourite parts man , Nick at Euromerc.

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

Personal plate transfer came through in the post while i was outside , so that's on now too ....

Can't show you it though , cos we blank our plates. :eek:

So today i bought ........

A set of staggered AMG A class alloys with good tyres ( Avon ZR1's ) :bannana: :eek:

Fronts 7 x 17 ET57 , rears 7 x 17 ET 49

Need a refurb , but that can get done over the winter.

Very pleased.

amgaclass1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So today i bought .... :cool:

A set of SWB AMG side skirts :bannana:

skirts.jpg

skirts2.jpg

To go with the Brabus bumpers and wheels i bought earlier . :cool::cool:

teaser2.jpg

teaser4.jpg

I suppose at some point i am going to have to get all this painted / refurbed and fitted :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmm , purple Brabus and AMG A class bits ...... ;)

purplebumpers1.jpg

I took the rubbing strips off and had the holes filled ...

Want it to look like the Brabus w168 show car ( which didn't have rubbing strips ;) )

brabus008a.jpg

Building the perfect beast ..... :cool:

Bent up some new mesh for the front as the old stuff was corroded / broken , painted it gloss black.

Got new fogs for the valance as one of the originals was broken , and we lost the other one.

Only one in at the moment as the other one was broken when it arrived , a new one is winging it's way to me as we speak ...

perfectbeast.jpg

OK , new lights arrived today , and they are clear ( which i prefer to the blue-ish ones they originally sent ! )

Swapped them over , and this is the finished bumper.

frontbrab.jpg

A little close up showing the left fog and the new grille mesh that i bent up and painted myself. :cool:

frontbrab2.jpg

Next on the list is to order new tyres , and get the wheels off to be refurbished , before i drop something on the skirts and bumpers that are balanced on all sorts in the garage ! :rolleyes:

Getting there now ...

brabusa.jpg

The final part of the puzzle arrived today ! ;)

brabusbackbox.jpg

Big thanks to Neil. :)

Exhaust on .... :cool:

Number plate holder too .... :cool:

brabusexhauston.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom