the rarest slc ever 500 slc 1980 lhd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gosh , my dad had a green one of these !!! They look so outdated compared

Rarest post war Mercedes built to comply for Mercedes rallying.

This Barn Find car is such a rare find now and collectors and rally folk are catching onto this, prices are rising fast.

This is the more desirable 500SLC against the 450SLC 5.0.

Hmm. I'm not a 107 expert but according to Wikipedia it was the 450SLC 5.0 that was the homologation version, not the 500SLC. I'd want to check the bonnet & boot on this one with a magnet, to see if they were really aluminium :D

I think it's a nice bit of kit:)!

I think it's ugly, like all SLCs ;)

I'd check for all the usual 107 rot, too.

I know these cars have their ardent believers, me, I'm not one of them.

Looks great in Red :)

i believe 12 avail in the uk 7 on the road and this one must one of the two on sorn.
it velour interior

Not usually an SLC fan, but this one looks really nice. Good price if it's a solid car but agree an SEC just looks nicer.

If it was registered in 1980, it should really be an 450SLC 5.0 as they didn't badge them 500SLC until 1981. the 450 5.0 was the homologated one anyway with a slightly more powerful engine and shorter final drive giving better acceleration but woeful economy (13mpg round town rather than the 18 of a 1981 model).

Does look in good nick though :thumb:

I was never all that keen on the SLC, but as the years go on there's almost a certain 'so wrong they're right' type of appeal. I guess the rarity will over time help them along.

Seller also has a LHD R107 560SL:

MERCEDES 560SL FLAGSHIP W107 LEFT HAND DRIVE STUNNING LOW MILAGE. | eBay

Must be into import/export with these old LHD cars, a collector of sorts.

I always thought they were lovely!

2djvqtt.jpg

467744d1347418954-mercedes-benz-original-photos-mbc107-51-500slc.jpg

Last edited:
That 'filler panel' behind the side windows never worked for me.

That 'filler panel' behind the side windows never worked for me.

Yep - that's exactly what I've always hated about them. Looks like someone's 'pulled the curtains' or a blind back! :doh:

Supposedly it was a 'bodge' so they could use the existing rear side windows from something else (I forget what).

Can someone photoshop the SLC to remove the slats?

be interesting to see what it looks like without them.

some guys are buying up 380 slc and transplanting 500 engines to create rhd 500 slc which near existed

any thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom