The RC is Dead, Long Live the RC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got the looks and reliability stunning:)

Was the previous one, this replaced, of similar 'adventitiously' colour combo ?

Was the previous one, this replaced, of similar 'adventitiously' colour combo ?
You judge..
018_o.jpg
lexus_rc_300h_2_5_f-sport_2dr_cvt_hybrid_coupe_26270477.jpg

Last edited:
One genuine point of 'concern' I have on one of these (as I have looked since seeing yours at BOTG a few years back) is the CVT gearbox.

Does this still have one?
I have experienced it in Aurus, Prius and the mini Lexus 200 and am not a fan

How do you fund it?
Is it better in the premium model?

It's still a stunner though and 45 around town.....

One genuine point of 'concern' I have on one of these (as I have looked since seeing yours at BOTG a few years back) is the CVT gearbox.

Does this still have one?
I have experienced it in Aurus, Prius and the mini Lexus 200 and am not a fan

How do you fund it?
Is it better in the premium model?

It's still a stunner though and 45 around town.....

I have no concerns regarding the e-CVT and really don't recognise the criticisms levelled at it by the motoring journalists.
It's a constantly meshed planetary gear set, not the old fashioned 'metal belt and two cones' set-up, it's aided by the three power inputs of two electric motors and the petrol engine. It's totally silent and in 'Normal' dive mode totally seamless from 0-Vmax mph.
In 'Sport' mode the system introduces 6 artificial gears that one can hear (via the ASC, artificial sound control, if one wishes and I do!) and see via the rev counter and feel in the power delivery.
In 'Manual shift' mode one can use the steering paddles to change 'gears' and 'shifts' are instant and very rewarding as the feel is no different from a 'normal' auto gearbox but with no lag whatsoever!. A little 'PlayStation' like perhaps
Best of both worlds really and in a gearbox that is mechanically so simple (compared with a traditional automatic 'box) and wear-free to all intent and purpose.
This e-CVT 'box is without doubt, the best (most versatile and adaptive) transmission I've experienced :thumb:

Cheers, might have to sample the features you mention as the over revving whine in my sister in law's little Lexus hybrid is not pleasurable

And I do like how yours looks (very red seats aside)

Still a few years from surrendering the V6, but who knows what some errors might do or crash into my life.....

Yep, the car is a stunner, was
looking at some this morning at Preston Lexus, also looked
at Mercs aswell :rolleyes:..
By the way I Love the very red
seats. :D:D

On the way back from B&Q this afternoon I turned into the local Lexus garage as I had 10 minutes, just to have a look.......

They had a (very) dirty traded in, red with beige leather one in the car park (plus some new brand new shiny ones...)
Wasn't your old one was it....... (Hedge End)?

On the way back from B&Q this afternoon I turned into the local Lexus garage as I had 10 minutes, just to have a look.......

They had a (very) dirty traded in, red with beige leather one in the car park (plus some new brand new shiny ones...)
Wasn't your old one was it....... (Hedge End)?
No!! On 3 counts..
Mine was never dirty!
Mine had Clove (cream) leather
Mine is in Swindon.
:p:D

Looks very nice, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom