The Red Devil Rides Again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
A year ago I sold my well looked after 2005 full facelift CLK55 Cab in Fire Opal Red after 4 years of ownership and I've finally found a suitable replacement, 2012 SLK55!

Attachments

• P1000769small.JPG
    P1000769small.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 74
  • P1000770small.JPG
    P1000770small.JPG
    444.3 KB · Views: 73
  • SLK55 26 JUNE 2018.jpg
    SLK55 26 JUNE 2018.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 73
Congratulations, Steve!

I notice it doesn't have the "V8 AMG" badges on the front wings. Wonder if that's a legacy of the repaint, or whether it didn't have them to start with :dk:

I see it has the analogue clock and Airguide on it, what other goodies does it have?

Very nice, if I ever move on from my R129 I could easily be tempted by an SLK55 and that looks great in red. Makes a change from black, which many of them seem to be!

Congratulations, Steve!

I notice it doesn't have the "V8 AMG" badges on the front wings. Wonder if that's a legacy of the repaint, or whether it didn't have them to start with :dk:

I see it has the analogue clock and Airguide on it, what other goodies does it have?

Legacy of the repaint but am undecided if I want them on anyway!

Other option it has are Magic Sky roof, Distronic, Harman Kardon, Automatic 2 zone climate control, upgraded alloys etc

Other option it has are Magic Sky roof, Distronic, Harman Kardon, Automatic 2 zone climate control, upgraded alloys etc
Nice spec, Steve. I wish Angie's car had Distronic. I know it's a real "first world problem", but I do miss it when we use her car on a motorway rather than mine.

I guess the V8 AMG badges are a bit superfluous as it's pretty darned obvious when you stamp on the loud pedal :)

I'm just glad we had no knowledge of you parting with the CLK, as my wife fell in love with it when we met you at the Black Horse a few years ago - it was a beautiful car, but would not fit my garage and I would not like to leave a canvas roof convertible on the driveway year round. However, should you in the future decide to part with the SLK, please give me a call as it will fit my garage, and we're both getting to the stage of problems getting in and out of the 968 cab!

The Mrs SLK has the trick roof and clock, both make the car a little bit different although I only drive it with the roof down as I find it a bit clunky with it up.

(I couldn't persuade her about the V8 though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom