The result of drink driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
08.30 this morning my friend and neighbour was startled by the sounds of a crash from the rear of their house. The rear faces a T junction at the bottom of a steep hill. This is what they found in their garden.

These marks on the road go for 35mtrs back to the kerb on the wrong side of the hill/corner and were caused by the front O/S wheel which had buckled under the car and been pushed by it's momentum. The car missed a young pedestrian by inches and ploughed through the carport and iron fence missing both walls by cms. The fire brigade dragged the driver out through the tailgate where the police found him to be four times over the DD limit. :eek:
Unfortunately he was unable to communicate with anyone since he spoke no English.

the police found him to be four times over the DD limit. :eek:
Unfortunately he was unable to communicate with anyone since he spoke no English.

Glaswegians, eh.

I have absolutely no time for drink & driving!

One of the biggest mistakes was to allow 35mg as a legal limit. In my books it should have been zero tolerance.

One of the biggest mistakes was to allow 35mg as a legal limit. In my books it should have been zero tolerance.

Which is both unrealistic and unenforceable.

Which is both unrealistic and unenforceable.

UK has got one of the highest threshold of tolerance in Europe.
Not sure why you think it would be unenforcable?? At least it would stop people wondering how much they can have to drink, before they're over the limit.

You had alcohol - dont drive, it really is that simple.

Last edited:

The snag with zero tolerance is that a person who has one glass of wine with dinner is just as much an offender as the drink driver who has had ten pints and a dozen shots.

Not sure why you think it would be unenforcable?? At least it would stop people wondering how much they can have to drink, before they over the limit.

You had alcohol - dont drive, it really is that simple.

Consumed alcohol how long before driving?

Some people and foods/drinks naturally cause a low level of alcohol in the system and I doubt measuring devices could be reliable to measure very low levels.

In addition,your idea is draconian.

Couldn't agree more. If you choose to drink do not drive....end of! Simples!!

Did he have a valid insurance policy ?

At least the way the car was wedged in meant he couldn't do a runner.

Kenny

Consumed alcohol how long before driving?

Some people and foods/drinks naturally cause a low level of alcohol in the system and I doubt measuring devices could be reliable to measure very low levels.

In addition,your idea is draconian.

I have seen enough death and injuries caused by ****ing numpties who thought it was ok to have a few and then drive, and then caused a mayhem because of their actions.

I equally would have offenders hands cut off for such offences, which I believe justifies your comments of my draconian view.

I have seen enough death and injuries caused by ****ing numpties who thought it was ok to have a few and then drive, and then caused a mayhem because of their actions.

I equally would have offenders hands cut off for such offences, which I believe justifies your comments of my draconian view.

"Having a few " is wrong, as you quite rightly pointed out.

But DM was also correct...it is likely that with a zero tolerance level, many of us sitting typing at our computers would be above the limit...without having had a drrink...would you still cut your hands off if you were in this position?

I am for zero tolerance, but in practical terms I believe it means lowering the permitted level of alcohol in blood to the equivalent of one glass of wine with dinner.

Also punishment should be progressive - similar to how we deal with speeding offences.

Your comment shows just how out of control of yourself and thoughts you are.

Last edited:

That's because we drink Real Ale and they drink Lager.

The low limit isn't to stop people driving while under the influence, it's to stop them drinking too much of that Piss.

Your comment show just how control of yourself and thoughts you are.

Indeed, the penalty for consuming a trifle with a little sherry is the same as driving at 5 time the limit, and more severe than rape or murder.

And, oddly, without employing ISIS tactics we appear to have the safest roads in the world.

Strange thinking.

Estimates of his speed are somewhere near 70mph. This is a residential 30mph limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom