The RHD GLK where is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
I have banged on about MB's seeming reluctance to develop RHD 4matic version for its C and E class saloons and estates for years now and the argument has always been that its not economically viable to develop a RHD version for the world market. While this may be true for the 4matic saloons/estates what this decision meant was that Mercedes hasn't marketed the GLK in the UK. When first released the story in 2008 was the RHD version was "in development" followed later by talk of a 2WD version-- we are still waiting? While accepting there may still be economic reasons for this, have you seen the numbers of Nissan Qashqai, Kia Sportage, Hyundai i35, Skoda Yeti, VW Tiguan, Land Rover Freelander, Honda CRV, Audi Q5, BMW X3' s knocking about? The Mercedes bean-counters may have saved a little on development costs of a RHD 4x4 system but without a mid size 4X4 such as the GLK they have lost a huge number of sales in the UK to rival manufacturers. :doh:

Last edited:
There won't be the possibility of one until the next gen C-Class platform is introduced in/around 2013, some of the guys at my local dealer have said a lot of people have asked and in them pursuing MB UK they've said that there's a good chance that the next gen C-Class platform will be engineered so that MB can offer 4-matic in RHD.

Over the past 10 years Mercedes have missed that many 'open goals' it's a wonder that they make any money.

For starters, why no V8 diesel offered for the E & S Class?
Why no, as you say Grober, GLK?
Why no 4matic E Class?
Why no 7 seat option in the W164 ML? Quite literally handing sales to LR/ Volvo et al.

I could go on.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom