The rust has got my C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveuj

Car
c Class sport coup'e 2002
Just another C Class with rust round all four wheel archers back are the worst.Have just spent 40mins at MB Derby should know if it will get done by Friday.Asked about the cross member,drive shafts and of most concern to me was the anty roll bar all have bad rust.''Thats mechanical sir not body rust wear & tear''. Car only done 27000 miles 5 years 8 months old.:mad: :crazy: :( :confused: .com

Sounds like a Friday afternoon car or possibly un-sympathetic previous owner?!?! Best of luck.....

Would be no different made any other day of the week - as he says "just another rusty c class" - its what you would expect on this age of car; MB will most likely repair it like all the others they have repaired - together with the E classes and the CLs and the..... must have cost them an arm and a leg.

hopefully MB has this era behind them now

the new C seems to be a cracking car. So far.....

"its what you would expect on this age of car"

Really? I was behind a T-reg C-class estate a few minutes ago, saw corrosion at the bottom of the tailgate and thought "Oh no, not another one". In spite of all that is known about the MB problem, I still think it's totally unacceptable to find corrosion on a supposedly prestige car just six years old. I had an Audi 100 and a Golf VR6 from new; I sold them ten years out with just one pin-hole of rust between them. There's less corrosion on my 1984 Capri 2.8i than on many MBs.

4 days no word yet is this good or bad? have done some jobs on it myself oil change and new plugs not bad to work on.think I will service it next time.

"its what you would expect on this age of car"

Really? I was behind a T-reg C-class estate a few minutes ago, saw corrosion at the bottom of the tailgate and thought "Oh no, not another one". In spite of all that is known about the MB problem, I still think it's totally unacceptable to find corrosion on a supposedly prestige car just six years old. I had an Audi 100 and a Golf VR6 from new; I sold them ten years out with just one pin-hole of rust between them. There's less corrosion on my 1984 Capri 2.8i than on many MBs.

Sorry I meant it is what you would expect on this age of C class. I have an 8 yr old beemer and despite having spent some of its life on the coast and a boot full of water due to leaking rear light and numptie main dealer there is not a spot of rust anywhere. Thats why I said I hope this era is behind MB.

Ok good news MB gave me a call today all 4 wings will be done next week will have to use the Ka for a week as they want £10.50 a day for insurance on an A Class.

Back after rust warranty work C Class

:) ok got my C Class back nice job so have spent the last 2 hrs having a good look at it plus sorting some stone chips on the bonnet as they had filled all of them with polish and they did show up a bit car looks fine now.
Asked lenth of waranty on this paintwork was told 1 year from the company that did the work plus rest of the 8 years from MB so that's 27 months watch this space. Will need 1 B service in this time so (18months time or 36000 miles) I think this will give it time to come back.
:bannana: :bannana:

Ok good news MB gave me a call today all 4 wings will be done next week will have to use the Ka for a week as they want £10.50 a day for insurance on an A Class.

You could just insure their A class on your insurance policy (like we do if we have a courtesy car) - certainly my insurance company doesnt charge for that (since my car is in the dealers where it is covered by their insurance)

R

made the mistake of insuring with swift cover direct great price £183 fully comp protected NCB plus legal cover but will not insure courtesy car.
good price but just hope it will cover everthing if I have any bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom