The search continues...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guyvert1

Car
E55K Estate - Will be missed
Started out looking for an E55k Saloon, came close to grabbing a few members cars, but thats harder than it looks !

But after much debate with the other half, an estate is really whats needed so refocused on those..

Checked out a couple , thanks to SavMan for spotting one that was Cat D and Acid for checking out that low miler, unfortunately the dealers pricing just did not add up, plus the last time it saw a proper service was 2+ years ago :eek:

I keep trying to find alternatives, but nothing really comes close in the same price range to what the S211 E55's offer .. Although I'm starting to get tempted by the E63 version :eek:

Still very excited about getting one but alas I suspect I'll be looking for a long time before the 'right one' comes my way!.

Does anyone know how many S211 E55's were sold in the UK ?

Hi, two years since it's last proper service could be OK. Some models have assist service ( I think that's what it's called) mine has it. The car tells you, via the dash when, and what service is required. There is also a time line. In my case it's every two years or 10000 miles, or when the car tells me it needs a service.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Agreed, although you'd of hoped the dealer would change more than just the oil :dk:

You'll know when you've found the right one.
Your search needs to be nationwide and you must be prepared to travel.

I spent months looking for my S211 and S212, but each has been a peach, making it all worthwhile :thumb:.

What's the budget?

Trouble is I'm getting very impatient , 3months now with no car, the wifes mini is starting to feel fast :eek:

Budget not an issue as my old car sold for a lot more than the E55's are worth :) but mental budget for one is around £15k tops, but that has to be dripping in perfectness !

Daily car surfing is getting ever so slightly obsessive :devil:

Agreed, although you'd of hoped the dealer would change more than just the oil :dk:

Strangely...the oil is the most important thing along with the oil filter.

Most services merely consist of inspections and replacement of parts as needed. The car may not have needed anything changing except the oil.

Trouble is I'm getting very impatient , 3months now with no car, the wifes mini is starting to feel fast :eek:

Budget not an issue as my old car sold for a lot more than the E55's are worth :) but mental budget for one is around £15k tops, but that has to be dripping in perfectness !

Daily car surfing is getting ever so slightly obsessive :devil:

I know what you mean...but you'd be hard pushed to get "perfectness" even at £30k.

Strangely...the oil is the most important thing along with the oil filter.

Most services merely consist of inspections and replacement of parts as needed. The car may not have needed anything changing except the oil.

Chatted to the MB dealer who previously dealt with the car, it was due a B service (thousand odd miles ago) inc plugs,gearbox/engine oil,brake fluid and air filters , so probably £1500+ . Thats not including all the other little bits that needed doing.

These days, all the really good cars seem to be in the hands of the owners rather than dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom