The search continues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterE320Cdi

Car
C219 CLS 320 CDi, R170 SLK 230K, XC60 Past Cars: S210 E320 CDi rusty, CLK 240, S210 E300 DT
I have found another potential car for my father in law. I think it looks great on paper but can not get to view it till the weekend. Does anyone know of an indi in the Bournemouth area who could check the car over for him?

Heres the car:
http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/cla....uk/is/autoedit/AETA96663/AETV38500478_1a.jpg

Comments good or bad appreciated.

Thanks, Peter

Looks Ok from a distance - again worthy of a closer look I would have thought.

Looks a nice car for the money.

Couple of questions :)

It has a full Mercedes Service history, the gearbox was originally sealed for life but as we all know the fluid should be changed every 50k or so. Have Mercedes actually made this change to the older cars so should they have changed the fluid as part of the servicing or does the policy change only apply to newer models?

Whats the correct name for the little meter for measuring paint thickness and whats a good place to buy one?

I have arranged to go and see this on Saturday with my father in law so will let you know how we get on.

He bought the car today :)

It is in nice condition overall, we spotted a couple of little bits - the self dipping wing mirror glass had gone misty and the tracking needs doing.

I thought it seemed slow to take off at first but then remembered the gearbox reset trick and that seemed to sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom