The Shiny CLK!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leabrooks

Car
CLK 270 CDI
Thought I'd share the results of my hard work after repairing the stone chip and the rotary polishing.

Attachments

• DSCN1250.JPG
    DSCN1250.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1251.JPG
    DSCN1251.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1252.JPG
    DSCN1252.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 84
And some more..

Attachments

• DSCN1253.JPG
    DSCN1253.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1254.JPG
    DSCN1254.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1268.JPG
    DSCN1268.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 60
And the pesky bonnet...

Attachments

• DSCN1255.JPG
    DSCN1255.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1258.JPG
    DSCN1258.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN1263.JPG
    DSCN1263.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 61
The roof like the bonnet was also covered in chips and scratches...not any more

Attachments

• DSCN1262.JPG
    DSCN1262.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN1257.JPG
    DSCN1257.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 52
Top job mate and great results, been following this on your other thread and was waiting for the pics.

I've been a fan of Menzerna for years and always used a DA until a few months ago when my DA broke and after advice on here I bought a rotary, wish I'd done it years ago it would have saved me days over the years I've been polishing.

I've also been using Poorboy's on the Volvo's with excellent results, clay first then Poorboys SSR1 followed by Black Hole Glaze then EXP Sealant looks fantastic.

Will do my CLK when the weather is better and still not decided whether to stick with the Menzerna or switch to Poorboys for that too :dk:

And some random shots showing it really is nearly perfect (to my eyes maybe not a pro detailer!)...not bad for my first time!

Attachments

• DSCN1265.JPG
    DSCN1265.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1267.JPG
    DSCN1267.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1261.JPG
    DSCN1261.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 56
Its a pity the sun wasn't shining today (bright but full cloud cover) when I took the pics as I wanted to show the metallic 'popping' out.

ooops, missed some wax residue in the door handle shot (that area was polished by hand with the Menzerna PF2500)....

Jasper blue? Looks lovely in the sun, you can see you put a lot of work into that, cleaning cars properly is ridiculously time consuming... But worth it :)

Top job mate and great results, been following this on your other thread and was waiting for the pics.

I've been a fan of Menzerna for years and always used a DA until a few months ago when my DA broke and after advice on here I bought a rotary, wish I'd done it years ago it would have saved me days over the years I've been polishing.

I've also been using Poorboy's on the Volvo's with excellent results, clay first then Poorboys SSR1 followed by Black Hole Glaze then EXP Sealant looks fantastic.

Will do my CLK when the weather is better and still not decided whether to stick with the Menzerna or switch to Poorboys for that too :dk:

Yes mate, after finding out my 2004 CLK had the Ceramicoat (look for the letter C before the paint code on the drivers door jamb) and reading lots about how tough it is I went for the rotary, and glad I did as I honestly don't think a DA would make much impression on removing defects..its as hard as glass that MB lacquer. Its hard work even with a rotary, maybe a coarser compound would do the job quicker...but hey, I'm no pro detailer and I was terrified of cutting through the lacquer (the entire paint from base coat to lacquer is only 0.1mm in thickness according to the Mercedes blurb on nano paint!)

Jasper blue? Looks lovely in the sun, you can see you put a lot of work into that, cleaning cars properly is ridiculously time consuming... But worth it :)

Yes its Jasper Blue and yes its VERY time consuming..10 hrs of machining plus the stone chip repairs so say 20 hours and a lot of trial and error to get the right techniques.

Yes its Jasper Blue and yes its VERY time consuming..10 hrs of machining plus the stone chip repairs so say 20 hours and a lot of trial and error to get the right techniques.
Wow 20 hours, that's some serious dedication! Well done, looks great!

You should give yourself a well earned pat on the back there fella, thats a stunning finish for a 1st timer.

The jasper blue looks really nice I love the boot shot with the sun reflection, that shows the depth of finish you achieved.

Very nice. And now you have the hang of it, any chance…………? That'll be a no then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom