the short Merc history of a newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Honey Bear

Car
'95 W202 C200 Elegance
Hello all,

My name is Ricardo. I'm 21 and live in central-ish London. I drive a 1995 M plated w202 c200 elegance manual. It is Azurite blue, with matching blue leather and suede on the inside (including carpets and key fob). To my knowledge most of it is stock, however the original owners did "play" with it.

The first car I ever drove was a 1984 A reg w123 240D saloon, Gold with milk chocolate brown interior. I was 13, in an abandoned parking lot. My mother also promised the car would be mine when I was 18. Sadly, a few years later the police were responding to a call, they came out of a one way street the wrong way and smashed into the 240D's front nearside wing bending the axle. Insurance never paid out, police neglected responsibility, and the language barrier and naivety hindered my mother from doing anything about it. All I remember was the police Vauxhall omega having no engine bay anymore and the Merc had a fairly large dent. It was pretty badly taken care of as everyone would vandalise the car. So the paint wasn't much to look at. I love that car however it looked. I still do. My goal is to track it down do her up and have the car my mum promised me.

The current Merc, the w202, was a replacement for the w124. It was beautiful when it came into my mum’s hands, not a single scratch, dent or fault of any kind. Over the years with people being the way they are it’s since been keyed several times, hub caps stolen, hood star stolen... ect. Mechanically, it is perfect other than the fuel gauge not working all the time. It's still my mum’s car on paper but she doesn't drive nor does she want it anymore, and there is no point it changing the insurance policy. The policy providers will somehow find a way of unjustly charging money to change ownership. And considering it is nearly up, this seems pointless.

I can't wait to go to move to a nicer area and to re-paint her completely.

Additionally, I am an avid cigar smoker. Well, more collector than smoker. I like fine rare Cubans especially. You can probably guarantee I'll have a cigar at a GTG.

Welcome - good colour choice :D

Would love to see interior photos - am intrigued!

Will post pics as soon as I know how too. I'll snap them up on the iphone before I get better quality shots for the gallery.

Hi there and welcome

Welcome to the forum.

Its good to see another W202 owner here. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum , Ricardo .

As you will know , Mercedes-Benz cars come with cigar lighters ; cigarette lighters are for ordinary/inferior cars !

Welcome to the forum , Ricardo .

As you will know , Mercedes-Benz cars come with cigar lighters ; cigarette lighters are for ordinary/inferior cars !

Thanks to all that are welcoming me.

Pont... I love that saying. I don't smoke in the beloved merc. And I've swapped my cigar lighter for a usb port for my damned crap-battery-iPhone.

However, I wouldn't dare say that to any of the cigar aficionados buzzing around out there as they'll prob poke me with the hot end. Though I might if a crowd of merc folk were hovering behind me :D.
Not that many that I know own mercs. Or for that matter any flash car. Not that I can comment.

I might actually usuing it one day. I'll post on youtube if it works well.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard, you sound like a true MB enthusiast. :rock::D

Yes I am. I have been around Mercs all my life. I intend to keep it that way. I know I don't know everything but there is always time to learn.

Thank you everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom