The SL gets a little TLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
back in 2004, i decided to put a 1.1 Fiesta gearbox in the boot of my SL.

Bad move as when i closed the boot, it was fractionally too big and left a tiny pin hole dent on the boot lid.
it was so small that i never did anything about it, but of course the paint started to crack around it shortly afterwards.
I was a poor uni student back then so had the job done on a budget.

Was never quite happy with the job as finish was not quite right and halo effect around the dent area...
so this week decided to have it done properly..

Whilst in there i asked them to have a look for other imperfections... let them loose and this is what my car looks like this afternoon

From this

slfronta.jpg

To

:eek: :eek:

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

p.s. The GTG was the first time I have had the car out in over a year and these are the jobs I have done over the last few weeks.

-Brake Fluid Changed - Dot 4 -
-MOT
-New Behr Radiator OEM
-New Genuine Wiper Blade (old one wrong size)
-New Bosch Distributor Cap, Rotor Arm, 8 Super Four Plugs
-Tune UP, CO set to 2.0 ish
-New Beru Ignition Leads

Last edited:
That is one beautiful looking car sir.
David

My kinda colour. Very nice

Regards
John

Looked great before so after is going to look superb :)

That's the finished article. He's gone for the Rat-SL look.

Yes well all they found was a couple of tiny bubbles under three of the arch lips but of course to get colour match perfect, most of the car has to be prepared and painted.

Looking forward to having it back and enjoying the few sunny days we may get.

I just bloomin knew it... this has been a month of losing money rather than making any...

The new paintwork looks lovely but the original lacquer has discoloured over the years and so the bonnet, front wings and both doors will need to be done so that the match is perfect.
Basically the SL is getting a full respray.. All trim off, all lights now out...

At least it'll be perfect now...

Oops.

It's the weekend now Jay. Good for getting the punters in..:)

I just bloomin knew it... this has been a month of losing money rather than making any...

The new paintwork looks lovely but the original lacquer has discoloured over the years and so the bonnet, front wings and both doors will need to be done so that the match is perfect.
Basically the SL is getting a full respray.. All trim off, all lights now out...

At least it'll be perfect now...

Any my question is ... how much the full touch up repaint ... will cost???? :eek:

back in 2004, i decided to put a 1.1 Fiesta gearbox in the boot of my SL.

Bad move as when i closed the boot, it was fractionally too big and left a tiny pin hole dent on the boot lid.
it was so small that i never did anything about it, but of course the paint started to crack around it shortly afterwards.
I was a poor uni student back then so had the job done on a budget.

Was never quite happy with the job as finish was not quite right and halo effect around the dent area...
so this week decided to have it done properly..

Whilst in there i asked them to have a look for other imperfections... let them loose and this is what my car looks like this afternoon

From this

slfronta.jpg

To

:eek: :eek:

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

p.s. The GTG was the first time I have had the car out in over a year and these are the jobs I have done over the last few weeks.

-Brake Fluid Changed - Dot 4 -
-MOT
-New Behr Radiator OEM
-New Genuine Wiper Blade (old one wrong size)
-New Bosch Distributor Cap, Rotor Arm, 8 Super Four Plugs
-Tune UP, CO set to 2.0 ish
-New Beru Ignition Leads

That for shore is one beatiful MB!:rock:

its going to cost quite a bit now... has put a hole in my ICE system fund for the SEC anyway!

Should be back tomorrow..

Come on jay, How Much ?

I think it will get a few :eek: :eek: 's

actually i dont know, for the touch ups alone I was quoted a trade rate of £650 so not sure how much extra having to do the whole car is going to add...

Definitely my kinda colour :D

regards
John

nice paint work who done it ,jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom