The tale of two A35s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liamt

Car
2022, AMG A35 Premium Plus, Patagonia Red
Yesterday I took delivery of my A35 Premium Plus in Manufaktur Patagonia Red. This was the showroom car at my local dealer (Sunderland) which initially caught my eye but not the car I ordered. I decided to trade in my C220d as I no longer do the miles to warrant owning a diesel and took the opportunity to get into something more fun. I did the numbers on the car I now have with the salesman I normally deal with, the figures that came out were a little bit strong for my liking and didn't make sense financially to me at this point in time. I therefore looked at a white A35 Executive Edition which was coming into stock as a cancelled order, it wasn't premium plus and it didn't have the aero kit but I decided it would fit the bill. The numbers on that car were much better, I duly put down a deposit and placed the order. The white car had just arrived at the port and was going through its checks which turned out to be delayed by a week, I waited all last week and then I received a phone call on Monday from my salesman confirming that the car had passed the port side checks and should be on its way for delivery this weekend gone, great news or so I thought!

Fast forward to Wednesday and I received another call to say Mercedes stock control in one way or another had messed up and the white car I ordered was now on its way to Shrewsbury, a completely different dealer franchise! Sunderland attempted to get the car back but were unable to do so. As they were unable to get another car with the same spec due to the ongoing low stock levels,I was then told I would be given the showroom car for the same price as the Executive Edition! So the car I enquired about initially ended up becoming mine anyway, not a bad outcome at all! It has been one of the most bizarre car purchasing experiences I have had, my salesman and Sunderland have been brilliant throughout the whole debacle and cannot complain about them at all, I was kept in the loop at all times, they came up with the solution straightaway and resolved the problem quickly.

With all the drama of the past week behind me, I'm now left to enjoy my new car which I am hoping to run in quickly! I absolutely love it!

Liam

A35 no plate 1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome motor! Liam. 😎🙂👍

Yesterday I took delivery of my A35 Premium Plus in Manufaktur Patagonia Red. This was the showroom car at my local dealer (Sunderland) which initially caught my eye but not the car I ordered. I decided to trade in my C220d as I no longer do the miles to warrant owning a diesel and took the opportunity to get into something more fun. I did the numbers on the car I now have with the salesman I normally deal with, the figures that came out were a little bit strong for my liking and didn't make sense financially to me at this point in time. I therefore looked at a white A35 Executive Edition which was coming into stock as a cancelled order, it wasn't premium plus and it didn't have the aero kit but I decided it would fit the bill. The numbers on that car were much better, I duly put down a deposit and placed the order. The white car had just arrived at the port and was going through its checks which turned out to be delayed by a week, I waited all last week and then I received a phone call on Monday from my salesman confirming that the car had passed the port side checks and should be on its way for delivery this weekend gone, great news or so I thought!

Fast forward to Wednesday and I received another call to say Mercedes stock control in one way or another had messed up and the white car I ordered was now on its way to Shrewsbury, a completely different dealer franchise! Sunderland attempted to get the car back but were unable to do so. As they were unable to get another car with the same spec due to the ongoing low stock levels,I was then told I would be given the showroom car for the same price as the Executive Edition! So the car I enquired about initially ended up becoming mine anyway, not a bad outcome at all! It has been one of the most bizarre car purchasing experiences I have had, my salesman and Sunderland have been brilliant throughout the whole debacle and cannot complain about them at all, I was kept in the loop at all times, they came up with the solution straightaway and resolved the problem quickly.

With all the drama of the past week behind me, I'm now left to enjoy my new car which I am hoping to run in quickly! I absolutely love it!

Liam

View attachment 131026
Very nice, a rare colour on the A-Class and I think it suits the car well. Congratulations, sounds like a result worth riding the roller coaster for!

Nice, I like these !

Great looking car and a great result. Enjoy

That suits the black wheels, wing and accents.

Some inside shots when you've got it home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom