The thing I hate most about my car is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The pre-set graphic they set on the sound system which sounds shyte.

Leave it level and provide a graphic so you can set it how you want.

Even a bloody BMW 420 can do this ffs.

The parking brake.
This is my first car with a foot operated parking brake and it is a pain to activate and release.
So when sat at lights when the road isn't flat I have to keep my foot on the brake.

Cant you use the Hold function ?

Kenny

Yes, but this 'dazzles' the car behind when da sun goes down.

(Waits for the onslaught)

Thing I hate the most is......

The dealership..... The only good thing they have got going on is consistency. They consistently let me down.!

Distronic Plus Proximity Warning Beeps!

Don't get me wrong, I love my S and I love it's gadgets. It's the best car I've had for commuting, but....

Merc designers what were you thinking making the 'beep' from the dash sound just like a fault warning and then make a warning triangle flash on the dash to complete the illusion! This has the effect on drivers that they instantly look down at the dash at the critical moment they should be looking at the road....madness! I can't seem to stop myself even now I know what it is after several false alerts.

I do wonder how many accidents this has caused....or are Mercedes just trying to show off their pre-safe brake & assist on a regular basis!

Maybe they heard you....no beeps on mine

The sodding £535 quid a year tax bill.. for a car that does c.3000 miles a year.

At least the Ypsilon is free..

What do you drive? I use got mine and it is about = £200 / year

Maybe they heard you....no beeps on mine

Sure you have the Distronic Plus option? It should beep and light a triangle:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great option, except in cities when I find it goes off for every badly parked lorry...

That it doesn’t stay clean for long enough

The crap windscreen wipers and the squeaks / chirps from the frameless Windows where the rear and front glass meets on the rubber strip. No mechanic can sort it and it is most irritating! The £500+ Road tax is annoying but I knew it would be high when I bought it and in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that much.

The crap windscreen wipers and the squeaks / chirps from the frameless Windows where the rear and front glass meets on the rubber strip. No mechanic can sort it and it is most irritating! The £500+ Road tax is annoying but I knew it would be high when I bought it and in the grand scheme of things, it’s not that much.
Both sorted on the R231.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hard suspension on the SL, it's the only thing that I find unpleasant about the car. It struggles on UK roads. Plus a bit dissapointed with the Harman Kardon stereo upgrade, it's a bit flat when compared to the BOSE in the Audi.

Orange peel paint, a pet peeve especially when I paid a stupid amount of money for a Designo paint option.

Audi - Gearbox is slow when maneuvering and sometimes at junctions - it's a DSG and on the move changes instantly, just a bit cluncky when I'm not setting Nurburgring lap times. Other than that it's pretty much the perfect estate car. (very nice paint quality though) Shame MB don't make an E500 any longer.

I hate with a passion any unnecessary things they have been automated outside my control.

No 1 irritant is the stupid "courtesy see you to the door lights" that come on the second the ignition is turned off. Firstly I never need them and worse they come on in broad daylight when I park in my garage. They time out after a while but don't even begin to time out until the last door or boot is closed. And what if you just stopped and don't want to get out of the car - they still come on and run the battery down. Private investigator on surveillance operations need not apply. Now I can see they might be useful to some but why am I not permitted to disable them.

You can turn this feature off using the steering wheel menu buttons. You can also choose how long they stay on for if required.
Can't remember the sequence to get there, but should be easy to find.

I could, but I didn't know it existed until your post.
It sounds like a fantastic idea, I'll have to give it a go.
I've only had the car for a year.

I only found the 'Hold' function after reading a recent post.
What a good idea - I thought.
Can't say I've found it the easiest thing to use. Taken me a while to work out how hard and how quick to push
the pedal to turn it on.
It works very well when at traffic lights on a hill. But really, when was that ever a problem?

Sure you have the Distronic Plus option? It should beep and light a triangle:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great option, except in cities when I find it goes off for every badly parked lorry...

That beeps if you get too close to the car in front! Yep it does sometimes randomly beep at bushes and at cars on a bend going in the opposite direction on narrow roads.

Didn't read the OP properly .....however mine rarely activates as I always keep a good distance from the car in front.

I do have distronic plus with the full drivers assist package, but even my wife's B Class has that distance warning triangle and beep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard suspension on the SL, it's the only thing that I find unpleasant about the car. It struggles on UK roads. Plus a bit dissapointed with the Harman Kardon stereo upgrade, it's a bit flat when compared to the BOSE in the Audi.

Orange peel paint, a pet peeve especially when I paid a stupid amount of money for a Designo paint option.

Audi - Gearbox is slow when maneuvering and sometimes at junctions - it's a DSG and on the move changes instantly, just a bit cluncky when I'm not setting Nurburgring lap times. Other than that it's pretty much the perfect estate car. (very nice paint quality though) Shame MB don't make an E500 any longer.
Paint pretty much perfect on my SL having been detailed, you may want to raise the Orange Peel with MB under the warranty, as for suspension I came from a Range Rover with 22" rims and find the SL super smooth, still firm as it's a GT but much softer than our SLK.

My main gripe is the seat memory buttons, you have to keep them held in rather than one press as in all other cars I have owned.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Wind noise from driver door/windows in my SLK which two dealerships failed to fix under warranty. I'm booked with new friends who are doing Mercedes renovations and said they don't see a problem in fixing it. Just have to wait for spring/summer for the work to be done. Went on a fun drive today and it annoyed me more than usual due to windy day.

There's nothing I hate about Audi.

Hold function in Mercedes seems to be top one that users are unaware off.

Don’t think I had anything that I hated on any of my MBs but...
Volvo V70 had the most ludicrous satnav system which always assumed that I start my journey from somewhere in Sweden, the sound of unbuckled seat belt alert was so unnoying that you would do anything just to stop it, turning circle of a lorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom