The Thursday night brain melter ….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
I need your help …….. it's an off the wall problem.

I am currently in the process of redecorating what was my converted garage-come-fish room. I had a huge marine fish tank and it's now gone and I have a much smaller tank.

However, to allow the existing livestock to be maintained I need to have a temporary holding tank in place that is moveable to allow me to do the remodelling and then change my existing wooden floor to a carpet, I need a moveable dolly. I already have a cut down wooden pallet in place to support the glass tank and water (circa 300kg weight) but need castors.

Anybody any idea of a cost-effective solution ? I will have no need for these castors in a few weeks time one the conversion is completed.

not castors but how about using lengths of pipe, and move the tank as the Egyptians used to move chunks of pyramid, or can you obtain a pallet truck

A piano remover's skate (perhaps from ebay) will be man enough for the job.

Last edited:
Howard.

I salute you. You know exactly my problem and the joys of reef-keeping :)

I'm dropping down to a 2ft cube but still staying salty :D

Fish that can't stand a few waves...what is the world coming to...

It's not the fish but the pressure effects on the silicone joints of the glass tank when being moved when full.

Howard understands what I mean. I am grateful for his input and have got my Screwfix order placed for collection tomorrow.

As this is a motoring forum, I was going to suggest use of under-car creeper..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom