The Transporter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Last night the film The Transporter (which was filmed in France – some very nice scenery) was on tele again (I saw this film when it first came out).

There are about four nice black W140 S Class shown in the film (they looked like the “mild” face lifts as had front clear indicators but standard red/orange lights on the rear and all four of them get destroyed/smashed. I was thinking to myself what a waste!

wallingd said:
Hopefully just a bit of stunty-editing ;).
Doubt it, every one of the 15 BMW 750s used in Tomorrow Never Dies was destroyed! They weren't 728s rebadged, they were all fully-loaded 750s :)

I guess no-one is going to miss a couple of bimmers anyway ;)

Chances are the Mercs were a mish mash of ages and nationalities (ie there were possibly some US-cars in there).

If so, they would have all been made to look like a fleet, with paintjobs, and facelifted Euro-front ends.

PJ

PS: I've just watched it on video. At the end, when the truck stops and all the immigrants get out, why are they at the seaside? They were going North from Frejus to Lyon. Lyon's nowhere near the sea!

Also, when Frank gets in his little fishing boat to get the bad guys, at the harbour the boat is called "Cassis", but on the sea, when he changes his shirt, it's called "Manon".

And another thing. At the beginning, when he finally starts the getaway from the bank in the Beemer, there's a brief shot of his feet as he changes gear. I know it's a manual gearbox, but the brake pedal looks awfully like it's in an auto...

Fun; but a load of bunkum.

.....by avatar, by nature!!!:D :D :D Please do get a life.:)

Saw it too , good but I still preferred 'Ronin'.

De Niro in the 6.9 is a serious guy in a serious car out to do a serious job.

When he gets up out of the sunroof with the bazooka , it just shows drivers of inferior cars that it doesen't do to get in the way of a Merc in a hurry :D

timmy said:
.....by avatar, by nature!!!:D :D :D Please do get a life.:)

I'm not usually like that. I just happened to be in observant mode.

PJ

PS: Bog off :)

I seem to recall an even bigger screwup with this film regarding the trucks at the end, like one of them simply goes forgotten about! Might not have been this film mind, I have tried to forget as much of it as possible ;)

Shude said:
Doubt it, every one of the 15 BMW 750s used in Tomorrow Never Dies was destroyed! They weren't 728s rebadged, they were all fully-loaded 750s :)

Correct , we also had 32 extra sets of the 5 double spoke alloys to use as well, part of the contract with BMW was that everything would be destroyed at the end of the film....

I worked on Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies....

I had the honour of stabbing the seats with a screwdriver to simulate the bullet holes that you see in the film , there is a strange thrill to be had, stabbing the leather seats in a seventy thousand pound car ... with the special effects guy telling me to 'do some more!!'

Great fun, i have some photos (not digital) of the car chase in the 'German' car park that was actually Brent Cross shopping centre ;)

Shude said:
I seem to recall an even bigger screwup with this film regarding the trucks at the end, like one of them simply goes forgotten about! Might not have been this film mind, I have tried to forget as much of it as possible ;)

Good point - only one truck shows up at the end in this film so what happened to the second truck unless it was just a decoy or something :confused: - Anyway I really liked the film as it made a change to see it it set in Europe as all the "typical" Hollywood scenes/settings get boring...:rolleyes:

Off topic: There were some good marshall arts/kick boxing moves in the film...:)

Flash said:
Last night the film The Transporter (which was filmed in France – some very nice scenery) was on tele again (I saw this film when it first came out).

There are about four nice black W140 S Class shown in the film (they looked like the “mild” face lifts as had front clear indicators but standard red/orange lights on the rear and all four of them get destroyed/smashed. I was thinking to myself what a waste!

Saw some of the film, but I couldn't get into it. Someone else mentioned Ronin.............now that was a great car action/chase film!

Anyway, I ended up watching 8 Mile, which was actually pretty good. Now I'm going to be a rapper when I grow up.........:crazy:

at what point in life do you jump on a bike to smash its pedals off so as you can dance about on oil and kick people in the face?

if i remember right, oil is a lubricant and will reduce the abilty of the metal to adhere to the floor. and to take 20guys on barehanded is just beyond reason.

wait till you see Transporter 2! it was sponsored by Audi!!

Flash said:

What an enthusiast?? How come you know details of facelifts on the S when you own a C? I struggle to remember the date of the facelift on the 220 series even though I have one (was it 2002?).:)

hawk20 said:
What an enthusiast?? How come you know details of facelifts on the S when you own a C? I struggle to remember the date of the facelift on the 220 series even though I have one (was it 2002?).:)

:) - I was a true loyal MB Customer and as you said a real enthusiast about Mercs prior to the several bad experiences that I have had with DC UK/Stealerships...:( I had my heart set on getting a W221 S Class at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom