The Turbo Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Vin
Go to bed !!!

you WILL be getting dirty - this is only to be expected as you are saving an absolute fortune in fitting costs :D

You cannot drink too much beer - in case we are too quick and you need to road test this missile and drive it home :D (probably not :) )

Guy
Tomorrow was supposed to be a chat - but it will almost certainly evolve into a "start"
Therefore this should be done by Sun night - but we do have Mon, Tues, & Wed for "unforseen circumstances"

Having seen the kit I am coinvinced it could be fitted in a day with the right tools and an early start.

Mark

Also looking forward to tomorrow

Gud luck to both of you, and dont remember to have fun doing it (as if you could forget!!)

:bannana: :p

Does anyone else have the feeling a sound sample of his dump valve is coming?

Have a nice weekend dudes ... :D

Vin has left the building !!

After a long day stripping the original car back we have temporarily installed the turbo and charge pipework - and it fits with only one hiccup

We have a long day ahead tomorrow, but with some hard work we could be finished tomorrow night!

As its Vins car I will let him post all the details and the pics from todays efforts

I have just edited everones posts from the first page that suffered due to the change of forum - I hope no-one take offence but a lot of people are now starting to read this thread, and I thought it might make things easier for everyone to be able to read it all as originally posted :D

Mark

Last edited:
Right then...

I got up this morning expecting to leave at 8:30am, I couldn't find my keys so that wasted an hour! left my house at 9:30ish....

I decided to fuel up which was down the A4 and followed the sat nav directions, straight through Central London... I took one wrong turning and then Vengaboys drove me mad so I turned of the radio - anyway I got to Essex at 10:20ish.. I knew I was in Essex because of all the cars overtaking and undertaking me! LOL

Anyway once at Marks car lot I mean house we decided to go for a coffee and discuss things like planned... showed Mark under the hood and gave him the Manual for the turbo, 'Flick flick where are the pictures?' he asked! :bannana:

Drove down to Marks m8's house Kenny very nice chap whom let us use his facilities! Garage, and stuff.. and we started to strip the car!!!

Mark was straight at it chug chug airbox, bumper , catylist, manifold, heatshielding all out and we done a test fit of the new turbo complete with manifold and charge pipes and intercooler!
The only problem we had was the water pipe for the heater matrix was too close to the turbo but we will shift that later.... we finished at 5pm so we done a some good hours of work

Oh yeah saw a 180BHP CRX!!! and I got a ride in a 300SL ;)

I think the first thing for tomorrow will be to remove the oil sump and put the oil drain on, sounds easy but it's quite time consuming as the engine needs to be lifted of its mounts!

Did I miss anything out Mark?

piccies!

Attachments

• dsc01571.jpg
    dsc01571.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 351
This is the pipe we need to move!

Attachments

• dsc01570.jpg
    dsc01570.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 348
Originally posted by Koolvin

Did I miss anything out Mark?

Yep

You need to ask V12 if he has a valve cover that doesnt have a cut out in it !
Preferably one with a red plug cover that says Kompressor :D

This will finish the engine bay off nicely :)

Mark

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I thought you were working straight through :p

We were :(

But Vinay couldnt hack it :D

Mark

LOL! I was cold and hungry!

the food substitute aka Beer wasn't working! need to bring the hip flask, now where was that bottle of Hennessey ;)

Actually...

I have a cover, from an SLK230K, dunno if it fits (should do)

Finishing touches are always the thing...:bannana:

Vinay is on his way home - by tube :(

We worked hard a long tonight - before deciding to have a quick curry and call it a night

Jobs for tomorrow include

1 Finish the oil return the sump
2. Cutting up the new cat to weld to the downpipe - bang goes that warranty !
3. fit fuel pressure regulator
4. refit bumper

Thats it! - I reckon 4 or 5 hours should see it finished !

V12 - he needs it :) - engine bay is looking very pretty now, but like you say - it will be the finishing touch.

Mark

Last edited:
We done very well today, we took everything out that was fitted yesterday and re-fitted it properly today.

We had a few hurdles, nothing that Mark couldn't overcome - He is a very good Engineer, I learned new tricks everyday.

I will post more but not tonight I need to get some rest as I have had a few restless nights... tonight will be the last one!

here is a pic to keep you guys happy!

Attachments

• dsc01588.jpg
    dsc01588.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 465
Oh and MB make the most nicest heatshields to hide the most ugliest manifolds known to man!

left = OEM

Right = Mosselman

Attachments

• dsc01576.jpg
    dsc01576.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 464
lookin' gud.

I for one am really lookin forward to the results of this, and a pic diary is brilliant.

Cheers guys!:bannana:

What came out of that hole in the old manifold, and where does it fit into the new one?

Just curious.

The lambda sensor was in the top of the manifold - it is fitted into the new frontpipe from the turbo in the top piccy :)

It is just visible next to the head towards the rear of the engine, fitted into the brown frontpipe.

Mark

Last edited:
late night Mark?

Dont ask what I'm doing awake!!! need tofeed some of my gases into the charge pipe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom