the "two bucket method"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hagarfriend

Car
CL63 AMG
Ok I know this looks funny but i do not wash my car i normally tkae it to a local car wash ( hand wash) and i am really intrigued by the preparation and finish you all seem to think is standard.
I would honestly like to know what the t b m is?
many thanks

Clint:doh:

Ok I know this looks funny but i do not wash my car i normally tkae it to a local car wash ( hand wash) and i am really intrigued by the preparation and finish you all seem to think is standard.
I would honestly like to know what the t b m is?
many thanks

Clint:doh:

It is what the OCD / Detailer brigade use.

"use two buckets, not one. In the first bucket, you have your car wash solution as normal. In the second bucket you have clean fresh water. First off you soak your mitt in the wash solution and begin washing the car

Then, before dunking the wash mitt back into the wash solution, you rinse it out in the second bucket of fresh water - this rinses out the dirt and grit particles from this mitt so that they cannot come into contact with your paint, reducing the number of swirls inflicted"

Quoted from elsewhere.

The detailing / wash product community do like to extract cash from people who think anything less than glossy perfect paintwork is not good, when in fact nobody cares outside the show and shine community..

hope that helps. :D

Bahahahahaha !!

Controversial .....

ha ha ha thats a good answer, thanks very much.
still to much effort for me but at least i know what it is.

???????

129086066304716283.jpg

<insert>Obligatory 2 Bucket 1 wash mitt internet meme reference</insert>

Although is more my style.

Karcher-K4.91MDB-Pressure-Washer-2.jpg

???????

129086066304716283.jpg

<insert>Obligatory 2 Bucket 1 wash mitt internet meme reference</insert>

Two bucket method with wash kitt rather than wash mitt!

While a very soft and protective wash can be achieved with a kitty instead of a mitty you will need to be careful of the claws which can scratch paintwork. Also be aware that animal rights brigade object to kitty use because the shampoo apparently irritates the kitty.

Kitty wash mitts will be in the shops for Christmas via QVC ......:thumb:

What's the matter with a running hose and your hand to wash it, then hitting it with the soapy stuff.....

Interesting method - do you then do a correction detail on the paintwork or do you just apply wax / sealant;)

Aas the next stage we go over the paintwork using very fine wet&dry. It's called wet flattening..

Used the 2B method today on my bro's little Fiesta,

His driving up the a hospital in Cambridge from Essex two times a week and having a really busy time of it and their little family car was looking ragged.

5 hours................

5 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 buckets (x 3 as it was so filthy) then Tcut the bumpers as its been hit on every corner in the hospital car park.

Then black Colcour magic all over. Then the 'lipstck' wax pen to fill the worst scrapes.

Then a high end wax all over.

The look on his face when he saw all done has made my week.

Looks like new, takes ages but 2 buckets is the way to go:thumb:

I prefer the seven bucket method.
1. For my sponge
2. For my water & solution
3. For my spare sponge, just in case I drop my first sponge.
4. To put upside down to put my cup of tea on.
5. For my other spare sponge just in case I drop my second spare sponge
6. For my spare water & solution just in case I drop the wrong sponge in the wrong bucket.
7. To stand in, so I don't accidentally get a stone stuck in my shoe that could then kick up and land in any one of my buckets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom